What are you doing to take care of yourself?

Geriatric? I am many things but that I am not :laugh: I am only 33!
I think we did an age poll on here a couple of years ago (found it - here) - I think at that time I was the only one under 40, so its good to see some more "youngsters" joining in (though I'm not under 40 any more :wink:).

Cooking is for everyone!

Thanks! I am not fond of make up, only ever do my eyes. But yes, I don't need more either because I know my eyes are striking enough. I am blessed with bambi eyes
You don't need lots of makeup - you're gorgeous just the way you are :okay:

I've battled with my weight for years - at my largest I was a size 16 UK / 44 EUR (which is either a 12 or 14 in US sizes - the online calculators don't seem to agree which). Most people didn't consider me overweight because I'm tall so I carried it well and they didn't notice it. Over the past few years I've managed to get down to around 75kg which puts me nicely in the middle of my ideal weight and a size 12 UK. I go up and down a bit (definitely up after Christmas :roflmao:) but I've managed to maintain for over a year now by keeping with the diet plan during the week but giving myself time off at the weekends and holidays.

I think we did an age poll on here a couple of years ago (found it - here) - I think at that time I was the only one under 40, so its good to see some more "youngsters" joining in (though I'm not under 40 any more :wink:).

Cooking is for everyone!

You don't need lots of makeup - you're gorgeous just the way you are :okay:

I've battled with my weight for years - at my largest I was a size 16 UK / 44 EUR (which is either a 12 or 14 in US sizes - the online calculators don't seem to agree which). Most people didn't consider me overweight because I'm tall so I carried it well and they didn't notice it. Over the past few years I've managed to get down to around 75kg which puts me nicely in the middle of my ideal weight and a size 12 UK. I go up and down a bit (definitely up after Christmas :roflmao:) but I've managed to maintain for over a year now by keeping with the diet plan during the week but giving myself time off at the weekends and holidays.
Add me to the club I turn 30 in March 😂

Over the past few years I've managed to get down to around 75kg which puts me nicely in the middle of my ideal weight and a size 12 UK.

You must be very tall. That would be overweight for me. Well done for getting to an ideal weight for you. I know its alcohol which is my problem. I don't find it difficult to eat sensibly and when I gave up drinking once my weight dropped to normal within a few weeks with no particular effort.

You must be very tall. That would be overweight for me. Well done for getting to an ideal weight for you. I know its alcohol which is my problem. I don't find it difficult to eat sensibly and when I gave up drinking once my weight dropped to normal within a few weeks with no particular effort.
I'm 6'....so yep, pretty tall for a woman.

Alcohol is also one of my weak points....I like a nice glass of wine, but one large glass is around 10% of my daily calorie allowance. So its easy to see how a few glasses, on top of food for the day can easily mount up.

Morning Glory - You do not look your age. Windigo natural beauty for sure.
MG - that mid section weight is the most difficult to get rid of. I look pregnant even with loose tops. I have 3 pairs of size 10 jeans that I can still wear because they are low rise, which I hate. No doubt I would lose weight If I got off of the wine. :roflmao: I will be 68 next month and look older than you. The aging happened in the last 6 or 7 years. My fault. I was a heavy smoker for 50 years. In addition to wrecking lungs and heart smoking also wrecks a face.

Monday I had an appointment with an Ophthalmologist to discuss cataract removal. My pressures are high so he prescribed drops and scheduled a follow up in two weeks. He wants to get the pressure down before doing surgery and do more testing for Glaucoma. I am not overly concerned about Glaucoma since drops keep the pressure down and prevent damage to the optic nerve. Dr. told me that there is now laser surgery that can be done to correct the fluid build up - covered by Medicare. I am excited about having the cataracts removed. I don't drive at night because the glare from headlights mess me up. Even during the day I stick to my normal routes - I can't read street signs until I am right up on them and avoid making left turns without a traffic light because I can not judge distance. Everyone I know who has had cataract surgery has been very pleased with the results. G is 73 (74 in May) and has baby cataracts - not mature enough to remove - yet.

My next step is to schedule an appointment with a Family Practitioner for blood work and physical. I know that will lead to a mammogram and the dreaded colonoscopy. :hyper:

Morning Glory - You do not look your age. Windigo natural beauty for sure.
MG - that mid section weight is the most difficult to get rid of. I look pregnant even with loose tops. I have 3 pairs of size 10 jeans that I can still wear because they are low rise, which I hate. No doubt I would lose weight If I got off of the wine. :roflmao: I will be 68 next month and look older than you. The aging happened in the last 6 or 7 years. My fault. I was a heavy smoker for 50 years. In addition to wrecking lungs and heart smoking also wrecks a face.

Monday I had an appointment with an Ophthalmologist to discuss cataract removal. My pressures are high so he prescribed drops and scheduled a follow up in two weeks. He wants to get the pressure down before doing surgery and do more testing for Glaucoma. I am not overly concerned about Glaucoma since drops keep the pressure down and prevent damage to the optic nerve. Dr. told me that there is now laser surgery that can be done to correct the fluid build up - covered by Medicare. I am excited about having the cataracts removed. I don't drive at night because the glare from headlights mess me up. Even during the day I stick to my normal routes - I can't read street signs until I am right up on them and avoid making left turns without a traffic light because I can not judge distance. Everyone I know who has had cataract surgery has been very pleased with the results. G is 73 (74 in May) and has baby cataracts - not mature enough to remove - yet.

My next step is to schedule an appointment with a Family Practitioner for blood work and physical. I know that will lead to a mammogram and the dreaded colonoscopy. :hyper:

My mom has Glaucoma, and has had cataract surgery. Her Glaucoma is easily treated with drops, and the cataract surgery made an enormous difference. My dad had his done a few months ago, and wishes he would have done it a few years ago. Yes, you will be happy you did it. Follow the post-op instructions EXACTLY. G will have to put off the fishing camp while you have this done, because you'll need help with drops, and won't be able to bend over, or lift anything over ten pounds. You won't be allowed to drive, either, for a couple weeks after each eye is done. But, when it is time to get his done, you'll have to do the same for him.

BTW, I'm expecting my Gastroenterologist to start bugging me for my next Alien Butt Probe soon.

CD

Back
Top Bottom