What are you doing to take care of yourself?

CD
My surgery is Monday. I start with three different drops, three times per day Friday. G will drive Monday and again Tuesday for follow up. I am excited! I may not need glasses or contacts after the surgery.
I'm excited for you! The surgery was a life-changer for my wife. She had the super-uber thick pop bottle glasses, now she's just down to drugstore readers (though she does need two different pairs).

Echoing caseydog's scary-sexy advice: please, please follow the doc's orders to the letter, and if you have any confusion over the drops, call back and get it clear in your own mind. And please don't ignore that no lifting mandate, it's no joke. Prepare to have everything brought to you. I know that'll be hard for you, because you're a TCB kind of person, but just sit back and let G put the dishes away and all that stuff.

Good luck!

Women are trying harder to keep up appearances, from what I've seen. Seems a lot of us men have adopted a more "screw it" attitude. I did trim my beard today -- looks like I did it with a chainsaw. I need to do something about the developing unibrow.

View attachment 57919

CD

Trust me I don't try to keep up appearances every day, I just take selfies when I feel good.

You look fine, I don't see what self care is missing.

Drama Coach: "Ok, give me...scary-sexy!"

Me:

Drama Coach: "I said 'scary-sexy,' not 'scared-confused!'"

:laugh:

ElizabethB, I am so excited for you. I know you've been waiting on this and it's almost finally here. I echo everyone that told you to follow doctor's order to the letter. A friend of mine (the closest I ever had to a mother) had the surgery twice and the most important part is taking it easy. Give your body a chance to heal and gradually ease back into your regular routine.

Cheering you on from Chicago! :hug:

CD
My surgery is Monday. I start with three different drops, three times per day Friday. G will drive Monday and again Tuesday for follow up. I am excited! I may not need glasses or contacts after the surgery.

I'm guessing what you have is what I had. I had Lasik 20 years ago, where they shaped the lenses of my eyes with a laser. But, my vision began to deteriorate starting 5 years ago. There was simply not enough remaining lens to reshape, so the only option was lens replacement surgery: the doctor wrote it up as being a medical necessity, so insurance mostly covered it. I now have synthetic lenses in my eyes, and my vision is still perfect over 2 years later. They did one eye at a time, with the second one a week after the first one.

The procedure looks strange: you don't totally go black when they're doing it. Instead, I saw a weird kaleidoscope of colors while the doctor was working on me. The doctor assured me that this was normal, and not a side-effect of the medication. :laugh:

I'm sure they'll tell you all this, but of course you should resist the temptation to rub you eyes after the procedure (they may feel itchy initially). And, keep using the drops as prescribed until they're done, even if you feel like everything is fine.

Got it. G has been warned. No bending over or lifting for a few days. Three drops three times a day. No driving for couple of days. Not a problem. Unfortunately my Ophthalmologist has no personality. He has a great reputation but I had to practically grill him to get the details of the surgery. I have also researched on-line. I know what will happen. The right eye will be done first. Not at all worried. It will be a cake walk. I checked in with the surgery center. They will call me tomorrow afternoon with the time of surgery. YEAH!
I have worn glasses since I was 6 years old. Back in the day children did not have eye exams unless there was an obvious problem. My problem became obvious when I stated first grade and could not read the black board. I have worn glasses and or contacts since.
I remember my first set of contacts. I was 16 and self conscience of my glasses. They were the rigid contacts that irritated the eye lid until the eyelid developed a type of callus to protect itself.
I remember my Mother's Grandparents - Old Mom and Old Pop - they were both blind from cataracts. Dad's Mother - Momma Paul - was blind from Glaucoma by the time Dad was 5 years old. How tragic. Today their issues could be addressed and corrected. We do live in a wonderful world.

Got it. G has been warned. No bending over or lifting for a few days. Three drops three times a day. No driving for couple of days. Not a problem. Unfortunately my Ophthalmologist has no personality. He has a great reputation but I had to practically grill him to get the details of the surgery. I have also researched on-line. I know what will happen. The right eye will be done first. Not at all worried. It will be a cake walk. I checked in with the surgery center. They will call me tomorrow afternoon with the time of surgery. YEAH!
I have worn glasses since I was 6 years old. Back in the day children did not have eye exams unless there was an obvious problem. My problem became obvious when I stated first grade and could not read the black board. I have worn glasses and or contacts since.
I remember my first set of contacts. I was 16 and self conscience of my glasses. They were the rigid contacts that irritated the eye lid until the eyelid developed a type of callus to protect itself.
I remember my Mother's Grandparents - Old Mom and Old Pop - they were both blind from cataracts. Dad's Mother - Momma Paul - was blind from Glaucoma by the time Dad was 5 years old. How tragic. Today their issues could be addressed and corrected. We do live in a wonderful world.

With my dad, the no bending and no lifting was for more than a few days -- more like a few weeks. Make sure to ask for clarification on that when you go in for surgery.

CD

We have the Fred hollows foundation, free cataracts in the pacific islands. Life changing. He was s kiwi. His life lives on. We have given.

Russ

With my dad, the no bending and no lifting was for more than a few days -- more like a few weeks. Make sure to ask for clarification on that when you go in for surgery.

CD
Yeah I was thinking the same thing. It's more like a month, because as soon as your first eye starts healing, they do the second one, and the same rules apply to that eye.

True story. Happened yesterday.
Back story my son was chair of board of trustees a few years ago and he entered a competition and won a defibrillator machine. He donated it to his kids school. And never thought anymore of it.
Yesterday a person was visiting his kids school and had a heart attack. Someone started resuscitation until they got the defibrillator and used it to kick start the heart. The ambulance officer rang the school and told them the defibrillator definitely saving the life yesterday. The principal rang my son last night and relayed thanks to him they saved a life.
A good ending.

Russ

True story. Happened yesterday.
Back story my son was chair of board of trustees a few years ago and he entered a competition and won a defibrillator machine. He donated it to his kids school. And never thought anymore of it.
Yesterday a person was visiting his kids school and had a heart attack. Someone started resuscitation until they got the defibrillator and used it to kick start the heart. The ambulance officer rang the school and told them the defibrillator definitely saving the life yesterday. The principal rang my son last night and relayed thanks to him they saved a life.
A good ending.

Russ
WOW! Awesome. Your son gave a random gift that saved a life. None of us ever know how our random actions may affect others. Bravo to your Son.

WOW! Awesome. Your son gave a random gift that saved a life. None of us ever know how our random actions may affect others. Bravo to your Son.

Growing up they saw that I was on boards as well as chairs of committees. Sports to schools. They have social consciences, both of them. They give back as I still do as well. Both my kids are coaching sports as well.
Thank you.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom