What are you wearing today (2020-2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't know who Rita was but she looks lovely!

Our "friend" Angela Lansbury is also a very beautiful woman. My grandmas' eyes looks a bit like hers, but my grandma's are a lighter shade of blue.

I don't have a set opinion about cosmetic surgery. On one hand people should be free to work on their bodies if they're not happy, on the other hand all medical procedures come with a risk and to me the risk of plastic surgery is unnecessary (excluding cases of extreme physical distortion)...it's safer and easier if you just accept yourself.

Our weather is bipolar. It was around 32 degrees this morning. I have on socks and a thin sweater (UK jumper - one of a few words I know thanks to James Acaster ;-). Notice that it will be in the 70s a few days from now. :rolleyes:

weather.png

I didn't know who Rita was but she looks lovely!

Our "friend" Angela Lansbury is also a very beautiful woman. My grandmas' eyes looks a bit like hers, but my grandma's are a lighter shade of blue.

I don't have a set opinion about cosmetic surgery. On one hand people should be free to work on their bodies if they're not happy, on the other hand all medical procedures come with a risk and to me the risk of plastic surgery is unnecessary (excluding cases of extreme physical distortion)...it's safer and easier if you just accept yourself.

You probably do know who Rita Moreno is, but don't realize it. She won an Academy Award (Oscar) for her part in West Side Story.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhSKk-cvblc

BTW, she is NOT and immigrant. She is from Puerto Rico.

CD

Our weather is bipolar. It was around 32 degrees this morning. I have on socks and a thin sweater (UK jumper - one of a few words I know thanks to James Acaster ;-). Notice that it will be in the 70s a few days from now. :rolleyes:

It was 86F yesterday afternoon, and right now (Noon), it is 57F. Tomorrow, 83F with rain. That is actually not unusual for this time of year in North Texas. I remember back in the late nineties, a few days before xmas, going to work in the morning wearing jeans and a short-sleeve polo shirt. I drove home from work in an ice storm. The next day I had to drive myself, my wife and two dogs to Central Oklahoma to spend xmas with the in-laws. I wanted to take my cheap "work truck." My wife wanted me to take the loaded SUV I paid 40-grand for in 1995 ($68,000 in 2020 dollars). It took 8 hours, double the time it usually took, and a passing road sanding truck shattered my windshield. I got rock chips in my paint, too. I was pissed! My wife got the hairy eyeball all weekend (privately, not in front of her family -- we kept our dirty laundry private).

CD

It was 86F yesterday afternoon, and right now (Noon), it is 57F. Tomorrow, 83F with rain. That is actually not unusual for this time of year in North Texas. I remember back in the late nineties, a few days before xmas, going to work in the morning wearing jeans and a short-sleeve polo shirt. I drove home from work in an ice storm. The next day I had to drive myself, my wife and two dogs to Central Oklahoma to spend xmas with the in-laws. I wanted to take my cheap "work truck." My wife wanted me to take the loaded SUV I paid 40-grand for in 1995 ($68,000 in 2020 dollars). It took 8 hours, double the time it usually took, and a passing road sanding truck shattered my windshield. I got rock chips in my paint, too. I was pissed! My wife got the hairy eyeball all weekend (privately, not in front of her family -- we kept our dirty laundry private).

CD

So, the crazy weather is not just here? I can't say that I blame you for being ticked off. Sorry about your SUV.

Last year, on Halloween, it snowed so much we could have built snowmen. We always have a cold and often rainy Halloween but the snow was a surprise. That doesn't start until after Thanksgiving usually and we almost always have a "White Christmas". 2020 will go down in history as the weirdest year of all time. ;-0

caseydog and mjd-lovescooking I don't usually watch movies or tv. Before the pandemic I got in the habit of making myself go to the movies once a week and I did see some interesting movies but I need to make myself watch movies...there's other activities I enjoy best.

I understand. For YEARS, I didn't even own a television. I got one as a gift almost two years ago (I had to start COMPLETELY over after my ex took everything I've ever owned) and it's probably been on 10 times in those two years. I have never understood people's fascination with watching tv. I tried to give it up for Lent one year as a kid. My parents vetoed that with "Pick something you would actually miss having/doing.". Ha Ha.

With all that said (smile), if you get in the mood to force yourself, watch something with Rita. You will not be disappointed. She shines in just about every role.

I understand. For YEARS, I didn't even own a television. I got one as a gift almost two years ago (I had to start COMPLETELY over after my ex took everything I've ever owned) and it's probably been on 10 times in those two years. I have never understood people's fascination with watching tv. I tried to give it up for Lent one year as a kid. My parents vetoed that with "Pick something you would actually miss having/doing.". Ha Ha.

With all that said (smile), if you get in the mood to force yourself, watch something with Rita. You will not be disappointed. She shines in just about every role.

I also lived without a TV for 4 years and I was good, but then for some reason I decided to get one. Somehow I missed watching TV...but when I got a TV I don't watch it?? :laugh: I remember once I was sitting with my then boyfriend and I said "You know I really want to sit and have dinner in front of the TV..." and he was like "But you don't have a TV!"

My TV is the least loved electronic equipment in my house, if I turn it on once a week it's lucky!

By the way we also have a storm here in Portugal. I was supposed to go to the supermarket but that's not gonna happen. It should be over by wednesday morning, wednesday afternoon I need to walk 30 minutes to get an ultrasound of my leg, the storm better be gone by then!

I also lived without a TV for 4 years and I was good, but then for some reason I decided to get one. Somehow I missed watching TV...but when I got a TV I don't watch it?? :laugh: I remember once I was sitting with my then boyfriend and I said "You know I really want to sit and have dinner in front of the TV..." and he was like "But you don't have a TV!"

My TV is the least loved electronic equipment in my house, if I turn it on once a week it's lucky!

By the way we also have a storm here in Portugal. I was supposed to go to the supermarket but that's not gonna happen. It should be over by wednesday morning, wednesday afternoon I need to walk 30 minutes to get an ultrasound of my leg, the storm better be gone by then!

I hope your ultrasound goes well and everything turns out fine.

I don't know if you ever heard about tv dinners but they were frozen meals in a tray that one could heat up and eat. It was before microwaves hit the scene so they had to be warmed in the oven. We also had tv trays which were metal or wooden foldable trays that people used to eat while watching tv. Now, people wonder why most of us are couch potatoes. LOL

As the other day showed, I can manage without my tv, but take away my laptop and wi-fi...NOT fun at all! ;-0

Image3.png

Image4.png

I hope your ultrasound goes well and everything turns out fine.

I don't know if you ever heard about tv dinners but they were frozen meals in a tray that one could heat up and eat. It was before microwaves hit the scene so they had to be warmed in the oven. We also had tv trays which were metal or wooden foldable trays that people used to eat while watching tv. Now, people wonder why most of us are couch potatoes. LOL

As the other day showed, I can manage without my tv, but take away my laptop and wi-fi...NOT fun at all! ;-0

View attachment 48652
View attachment 48653
I don't think we had that concept of tv dinners here in Portugal but it sounds like something kind of sad to me!

Same here, I spend way too much time online :D

Reactions: mjd
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom