What are you wearing today (2020-2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My grandad was a dandy, head to toe.
He was a true "gentleman farmer." He wore a suit and tie every day
Ditto, although mine was an impoverished one - he milked his own cows. His daily attire for doing so was pretty much the same as mine, but with the addition of a tie. I get my habit of rolling up shirt sleeves from him - unless I am wearing a jacket, my sleeves are always rolled up, regardless of weather.

My goodness, TastyReuben and epicuric...such fancy attire for a weekday! Do you need to leave your sofa and travel to a workplace outside of your house, where there are actual people? I make a point of dressing similarly if I am going out to eat or to a movie (which I got to do with my family last Saturday for the first time in 7 months). Otherwise, if I'm just taking the dogs for a walk (an everyday occurrence) or going to the market, I dress for comfort.
Yep, that's pretty much standard for the colder months!

1602692014120.png

From your photos I guess you're all dressing like Cary Grant.

Did you change the way you dress because of Covid?
A little, but not much. I wore a necktie frequently before COVID, and now, maybe I've worn a tie twice. Same with sport coats/blazers/jacket. I expect to start with the colder weather, though.

I've also been opting for more casual shoes.

His daily attire for doing so was pretty much the same as mine, but with the addition of a tie.
My grandad used to mow the grass in a tie, do yard work in a tie, household chores, etc.

I think I get my affinity for ties from him, and from watching way too much British TV (on our PBS network) when I was a kid. Those period mysteries...even poor, destitute characters were wearing ties and jackets!

I get my habit of rolling up shirt sleeves from him
Except for a handful of printed t-shirts, I don't own a single short-sleeved shirt. Except when it's cold out, I always roll my sleeves up, and always three turns, so the cuff is completely hidden. Thanks, Grandad! :okay:

View attachment 48304

From your photos I guess you're all dressing like Cary Grant.
Somewhat, but I do like jeans, so I just mix it up a bit.

I do own several proper hats, and yes, again, it was my grandad who taught me that you're not finished dressing if you've not got your cap or your hat.

I can still vividly picture the day he bought me my first proper dress hat. I was 14. It was grey, and we got it at The Workingman's Store, in Hamilton, Ohio.

We're blessed in Cincinnati with a good, top-of-the-line hat shop (Batsakes), where they still steam and block them, etc.

I did buy one once, a bright holiday shirt, such as worn by Magnum P.I. I have never worn it.
I've had two (but no longer). One was a very tasteful black shirt with a single line of green and brown fronds running across it, like a sash.

The other was a pattern of some scantily-clad bathing beauties who, upon further inspection, were revealed to not being clad at all!

Black Hooded Jacket with Sleeve Print

This vest, I just bought it yesterday. With black sweatpants and a black t-shirt. Black is my default color, to nobody's surprise here I would guess :laugh:

We are polar opposites :D I refuse to wear black unless it's sportswear. Even if it's sportswear I prefer bright colors over black any day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom