What are you wearing today (2020-2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't wear an cologne. One area where MrsT and I are simpatico - we both prefer a "natural" odor. That doesn't mean we like smelly body odor, just that we both use unscented soap and deodorant and that's what works for us.

The guayabera (/ɡwaɪ.əˈbɛrə/) also known in Mexico as Camisa de Yucatán (Yucatán Shirt) is a men's summer shirt, worn outside the trousers, distinguished by two vertical rows of closely sewn pleats running the length of the front and back of the shirt. Typically made of linen, silk, or cotton, and appropriate for hot or humid weather, guayaberas are popular in Cuba, the Caribbean (especially the Dominican Republic, and Puerto Rico), Mexico, Central America, South America, Southeast Asia, the south of Spain and Portugal. -- Wikipedia

Just look at the photo I posted. The men around Obama are wearing them.

CD
Ah, I see, thank you!

My day-to-day apparel when I'm home. This is what I am wearing right now...

View attachment 48305

CD
I won't post a pic of my loose maternity type cloaks or fart sweatpants I use on a daily basis. I've developed a nice doughnut on my belly sitting 24/7 on the computer and spinning max 2,5 minutes on the exercise bike - if I'm in the mood. This pandemic situation with distant learning and all kinds of restrictions is absorbing my energy. I like to dress up and give myself airs with a glass of poo (sparkling wine) but we're a socially secluded/receded couple at normal times, too (a mutual preference), so the only time when I can use my fancy dresses and graceful flat shoes (can't wear high heels due to RA) is on trips, family gatherings and at weekly symphony concerts - and there hasn't been many this year :meh:.

Dare I ask, is anyone still wearing perfume or are we accepting our natural body smells? Second option for me. I have about 30 perfume bottles that haven't been opened since March.
Still wear it every day...although my manner of dressing has been waaay more casual/comfy.

I don't wear an cologne. One area where MrsT and I are simpatico - we both prefer a "natural" odor. That doesn't mean we like smelly body odor, just that we both use unscented soap and deodorant and that's what works for us.
The only other scent I would put on is an aftershave. But, that assumes I'm shaving (something else I haven't done much in the last several months).

Here's a corollary to the "what are you wearing" question: how often have you been shaving? Well, since you asked:

BEFORE: I used to shave every other day, more or less. I usually used a beard trimmer to shave it down to where there's just a cool stubble. I would use shaving cream to shave my neck.

NOW: I wait until I happen to see myself in the mirror and realize how horrible I look. This translates into a partial shave maybe once a week, where I trim my beard and shave my neck. Every so often, I will give myself a clean-shaven look, but I can't recall when that last happened.

Men's style over the last 20+ years has meant that a beard is a perfectly reasonable thing to have. Prior to that, I think I would have felt obligated to shave every day to keep clean-shaven.

Dare I ask, is anyone still wearing perfume or are we accepting our natural body smells? Second option for me. I have about 30 perfume bottles that haven't been opened since March.

I'm a perfume addict. Right now I'm wearing Gabrielle by Chanel. Not sure how many bottles of perfume I have but probably 20 or so.

Here's a corollary to the "what are you wearing" question: how often have you been shaving? Well, since you asked:
Well, as you can tell from my photo, I do wear facial hair as the norm, and have done so for many years.

Normally, I keep it fairly closely trimmed, both in length and...acreage, so that used to mean a weekly seeing-to.

However, I've not touched it in at all in two weeks, but that's as much because Autumn is here (with Winter soon to follow) and I usually grow it out a bit more in the cold months.

I've also not had a haircut since February, so hair-wise, I'm looking about like McCartney from the Let It Be album cover.

Well, as you can tell from my photo, I do wear facial hair as the norm, and have done so for many years.

Normally, I keep it fairly closely trimmed, both in length and...acreage, so that used to mean a weekly seeing-to.

However, I've not touched it in at all in two weeks, but that's as much because Autumn is here (with Winter soon to follow) and I usually grow it out a bit more in the cold months.

I've also not had a haircut since February, so hair-wise, I'm looking about like McCartney from the Let It Be album cover.
Are you the 6th Beatle?

1548911146696.jpg

Morning Glory do you have a favorite perfume?

Shaving? I hope no one wants to discuss female hair removal during quarantine. I always did that stuff at home so I was good but back in March beauticians were closed for a long time and some of my colleagues were starting to look like Juanito, the Mexican drug dealer.

Every morning, shower, I shave in the shower, then shorts and singlet, both black. That's me for the day. Under arm deodorant. No perfume. But love the smell of white musk on women. Drives me crazy.
If I'm going out shoes n socks and a polo top. I'd be barefoot 24/7 if I could. I have a small mini razor for ears and nose.
Number 1 head cut. Mr 7 likes to do mine, for money, wife finishes it. That's me!!!

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom