What are you wearing today (2020-2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When my parents lived in Puerto Rico (Gulf Oil), many businessmen wore Guayaberas. So, my dad did too. Who wuld blame him. It is hot and humid there, and a Guayabera is light and comfortable.

I would love to get a couple for Texas summers. Businessmen usually wore white Guayaberas. But, there are other colors for casual dress.

Screen Shot 2020-10-14 at 11.50.39 AM.jpg

CD

I did buy one once, a bright holiday shirt, such as worn by Magnum P.I. I have never worn it.

Most of my shirts are short sleeve. I live in Texas -- it's hot here. I wear long sleeves on cold days, and for dressy occasions, but most of the time, it is short sleeves. I also wear Birkenstocks most of the time (NEVER with socks).

CD

The other was a pattern of some scantily-clad bathing beauties who, upon further inspection, were revealed to not being clad at all!
I still chuckle when I remember the time I wore this shirt to a family gathering. My mom, who is the most naive person in the world, looked at my shirt and said, "I like your party shirt, Reuben. I think it's cute how the girls' bikini bottoms match their hair color."

Think about it... 🤔

Going out for dance practice. These shoes used to be pink but that was a couple of lifetimes ago. Just because I’m home all the time now doesn’t mean I have more willingness more time to clean anything. Btw the shirt is just to wear outside not during the dance class.
8EF71B94-8089-4E56-92CE-914E11E2F627.jpeg

F5B8BB5F-7167-455D-872F-79337890BA8C.jpeg

Most of my shirts are short sleeve. I live in Texas -- it's hot here. I wear long sleeves on cold days, and for dressy occasions, but most of the time, it is short sleeves. I also wear Birkenstocks most of the time (NEVER with socks).

CD
My hot weather dress is T's or polo shirts, shorts and flipflops, May to October unless something more formal is required. My wife wears Birks, even in cold weather. No socks either.

Dare I ask, is anyone still wearing perfume or are we accepting our natural body smells? Second option for me. I have about 30 perfume bottles that haven't been opened since March.

No I do wear perfume just because I love the scent, it's relaxing to me

Dare I ask, is anyone still wearing perfume or are we accepting our natural body smells? Second option for me. I have about 30 perfume bottles that haven't been opened since March.
No I do wear perfume just because I love the scent, it's relaxing to me
Yes, well not perfume, obviously, but manly nice smelling stuff.

I'm trying to remember that Joan Collins quote about being overdressed in anything more than Chanel No. 5.

Help needed with that one :)

The guayabera (/ɡwaɪ.əˈbɛrə/) also known in Mexico as Camisa de Yucatán (Yucatán Shirt) is a men's summer shirt, worn outside the trousers, distinguished by two vertical rows of closely sewn pleats running the length of the front and back of the shirt. Typically made of linen, silk, or cotton, and appropriate for hot or humid weather, guayaberas are popular in Cuba, the Caribbean (especially the Dominican Republic, and Puerto Rico), Mexico, Central America, South America, Southeast Asia, the south of Spain and Portugal. -- Wikipedia

Just look at the photo I posted. The men around Obama are wearing them.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom