What are your favourite smoothie combinations?

fantastic food

Veteran
Local time
12:47 PM
I usually just throw a random bunch of ice, yoghurt/milk/ice cream, frozen fruit and honey(if required after tasting) into a blender to make my smoothies. My ingredients mainly depend on what I have lying around at home. I find mixed berry ones quite good, and also kiwifruit, pear and orange, surprisingly. What amazing smoothie recipes have everyone else stumbled upon?

I like berries and banana the best. Banana is key for both texture and flavor. I feel like smoothies are too runny without them.

I like berries and banana the best. Banana is key for both texture and flavor. I feel like smoothies are too runny without them.

I really dislike the taste of banana :thumbsdown: I always add them to my brother's smoothies though. I have to compensate by adding heaps of ice, ice-cream, or by freezing my fruit first.

I love frozen banana for the thickness, blueberries, peaches, strawberries - whatever we have around, really!

I tried a smoothie the other week with some avocado in it, it gave it an extra creaminess that was just lovely!

I went into a restaurant before and tried their green smoothie out of curiosity. It was indeed green and it looked delicious. I was not aware that the main ingredient is cucumber and aloe vera. It did not taste anything like cucumber or any vegetable for that matter. I am not sure where to source an aloe vera but I tried creating my own version. I combined cucumber, apple, ginger, honey, lemon, a small bell pepper to add a little kick to it and it worked just as fine as the original.

Banana,strawberry and fresh orange juice ,is my favourite
But on the unusual side if seen one with cabbage lately ........

Banana,strawberry and fresh orange juice ,is my favourite
But on the unusual side if seen one with cabbage lately ........
I like you combo, but I have not made anything recently. I can't find my blender(mysterious disappearance) and juicing does not count. There is a green one I sometimes get from the health shop that is call The Hulk or some other monster. I usually just send out for ' the green thing'. Only God knows what is in it.

My favourite combination for a smoothie is Greek yogurt, frozen berries, agave nectar, coconut water and almond milk. It's so sweet and refreshing.

Is it so weird that I like a lot of vegetables in my smoothie? I guess you can't consider my smoothie a smoothie anymore, it's more like a healthy juice thing. I usually have some malunggay leaves, celery, kale and some other green combination with pineapples, mango or strawberry fruit. The combinations of bitter leaves with the sweet fruit cancels out any gross taste for me. I usually have this for a snack in the afternoon or an energy booster in the morning.

My favourite smoothie combinations consist of....apple, kiwi, banana, cucumber and carrot...everyday one hour before breakfast I always drink this fruits and vegetables smoothie and it really do wonders for my health.

This is the concoction of my niece whose course is tourism. She said that was her invention and she wanted me to give an honest review. It is a mix of strawberry which was sliced thinly, star fruit which was peeled, melon or cantaloupe, lemon drops, sugar, some milk. I was laughing when she was mixing the ingredients because I couldn't imagine the taste. But when it was time to sample it, I was kind of surprised because I could finish a pitcher, honest.

I like yogurt, fruit in my smoothies. It does not matter the fruit like all fruit.

My newest favourite smooth is is a green smoothie with kale, apple juice, banana, celery and ice. It's great for breakfast or a mid afternoon pick me up.

Back
Top Bottom