What are your first memories of great food?

Many people say same Rich, when I home I hear many tourist say WOW so this what should be like! Napoli Pizza is fantastic, as you know we invent it some find difficult because how they cooked to be honest I find Pizza in UK nasty, they all seem taste same do not matter what topping is! In fact my Bambini refuse eat it!
Sarana x
My wife also hates UK pizza. Perhaps you could share some tips on doing it properly? I have never made pizza at home, but would be happy to give it a go.

My wife also hates UK pizza. Perhaps you could share some tips on doing it properly? I have never made pizza at home, but would be happy to give it a go.
Ciao,

No problems ask I happy help and share what I know.

Sarana x

Since we're talking about pizza...

That was one of my most recent ones. Planning on pizza tonight as well.

For the record, Domino's pizza is widely regarded the world over as the worst example of pizza that exists. I'd say it's the McDonald's of pizza, but that would be an insult to McDonald's.

We've had plenty of good pizza in the UK, just not at Dominos or Pizza Hut or The Great American Pizza Company (or whatever they were called), and stay away from pizza that comes from a fish-and-chips shop or a takeaway place - if there's a way to be worse than Domino's, they'll find it.

When we lived there, we always had good luck at proper Italian restaurants. Sometimes, it wouldn't even be on the menu, but if you'd say, "Oh, I really was hoping for pizza, but I don't see it listed," the server would say, "Let me talk to the chef..." and we'd get pizza. That happened in both Edinburgh and Bedford, and they were both good pizzas.

For the record, Domino's pizza is widely regarded the world over as the worst example of pizza that exists. I'd say it's the McDonald's of pizza, but that would be an insult to McDonald's.

We've had plenty of good pizza in the UK, just not at Dominos or Pizza Hut or The Great American Pizza Company (or whatever they were called), and stay away from pizza that comes from a fish-and-chips shop or a takeaway place - if there's a way to be worse than Domino's, they'll find it.

When we lived there, we always had good luck at proper Italian restaurants. Sometimes, it wouldn't even be on the menu, but if you'd say, "Oh, I really was hoping for pizza, but I don't see it listed," the server would say, "Let me talk to the chef..." and we'd get pizza. That happened in both Edinburgh and Bedford, and they were both good pizzas.
Domino uurrgghh.
In my mind box more in common with Pizza than what inside.

Sarana x

Domino uurrgghh.
In my mind box more in common with Pizza than what inside.

Sarana x
The funny thing is, here Dominos completely reformulated their recipe several years ago, because of how bad their reputation was. They did a whole ad campaign, with the CEO apologizing for letting things get so bad, and almost tearfully rededicating himself and the company to making Domino's the best pizza.

...and, IMO, they actually managed to make it worse! :laugh:

In maybe 1993, we'd gone to York (for the Jorvik Viking Festival, which I must say, was a hilarious letdown - sorry, York). MrsTasty had caught a terrible flu and felt like the dog's dinner, just miserable.

We'd made reservations at some Italian restaurant not far from the hotel, but she couldn't stomach going out, so I walked to it and told the waiter my wife was sick, and did they have something that wasn't spicy, wasn't too heavy, wasn't too tomatoey, but wasn't just plain pasta, and the waiter disappeared and returned with the chef, who talked to me, we went over everything again, and after waiting several minutes, he came back with a paper-thin pizza, lightly sauced, and just a bit of cheese and basil, nothing else, and my wife said it was exactly what she needed.

I like Saranak's reference to UK Pizza as Nasty :)
Is nasty Rich it like duvet spread with no defined red stuff, vile. Domino TV ad kill me "official food of everything"!!!! Si if you no like food. And what that cheese they use? Think I prefer fry my old tights!!

Sarana x

Last edited:
Great food? I don't think I had any as a kid. It was terribly plain. My Dad grew vegetables so at least we had fresh vegetables but they were served plain boiled (apart from chips & roast potatoes).

The first time I had a curry in an Indian restaurant (I was probably about 18) was probably the first time I had anything resembling 'great'.
Having your own garden is pretty cool! Alot of people dont even eat vegetables at this point...haha but boiled vegetable is quite interesting. Garlic is everything in recipes

i'm hungry now and its 12am hahah

Back
Top Bottom