What are your other hobbies and interests?

image.jpg

Cycling is my passion ,if I can take my bike it comes to
My summer bikes ! Fast and faster still ,autumn tyres on to stop punctures
Back to my steel cycle cross soon for the winter
These cold mornings are making my legs cold as still in bib shorts for my commute

View attachment 1613
Cycling is my passion ,if I can take my bike it comes to
My summer bikes ! Fast and faster still ,autumn tyres on to stop punctures
Back to my steel cycle cross soon for the winter
These cold mornings are making my legs cold as still in bib shorts for my commute
What are Autumn tyres? My partner stopped cycling to work due to punctures!

I use gator skins on my winter bike and change my tyres on these bikes to gator skins in the autumn as well ,I find them to be good puncture resistant , with all the flints being washed out now and hedges its time the puncture fairy comes visiting

I use gator skins on my winter bike and change my tyres on these bikes to gator skins in the autumn as well ,I find them to be good puncture resistant , with all the flints being washed out now and hedges its time the puncture fairy comes visiting
Oh thanks.

I like....rather love paddle tennis or beach tennis, I got out and played a little bit last Sunday after about three years. I am in terrible shape. Everywhere ached the next few days. I am also a Zumba fan among other things. I'd love to ride but there are two broken old bicycles in the garage that are probably beyond repair. Besides that I think I'll have to be taught how to ride again.

I don't have a lot of free time right now, I am still working and this is my busy time. I like to bake more than I like to cook, I find baking helps me to relax or think when I have a problem to solve. When I can I go for long walks and listen to jazz while I drink my wine.

Winter tyres trend to be heavier and much more puncture resistant. They are also a different compound for the rubber. It is much grippier than summer 'rubber' and better suited to cold and frost. My winter tyres are schwalbe durano pluses which I have cycled on snow and ice on (on 23mm width) and been fine. Cyclists tend to switch to grippier tyres in the winter so obvious reasons but these same tyres also tend to have more fairy resistance because the last thing you want to be doing at the side of the road in winter is fixing a flat. There are also ice tyres available (not to mention snow there but we result don't get enough snow here in the UK for those) of which I have some. They are spiked, much heavier and slower but very grippy and great fun but hard work!
My summer tyres on my road bike were continental gp4000s. Again pretty good grip but less so than my winter tyres and I never had a flat.

The usual causes of flat tyre are not looking after your tyres, do not keeping them at the required pressures, and them being worn out. There is also another cause which my hubby comes under and that is not looking at what you are cycling over. Prevention is better than the cure!

I'm a new mom so that keeps me busy. I like to try and stay active so going out walking or exercising is important to me. I also like gardening and other home DIY projects and of course cooking is a big one but that's a given!

Winter tyres trend to be heavier and much more puncture resistant. They are also a different compound for the rubber. It is much grippier than summer 'rubber' and better suited to cold and frost. My winter tyres are schwalbe durano pluses which I have cycled on snow and ice on (on 23mm width) and been fine. Cyclists tend to switch to grippier tyres in the winter so obvious reasons but these same tyres also tend to have more fairy resistance because the last thing you want to be doing at the side of the road in winter is fixing a flat. There are also ice tyres available (not to mention snow there but we result don't get enough snow here in the UK for those) of which I have some. They are spiked, much heavier and slower but very grippy and great fun but hard work!
My summer tyres on my road bike were continental gp4000s. Again pretty good grip but less so than my winter tyres and I never had a flat.

The usual causes of flat tyre are not looking after your tyres, do not keeping them at the required pressures, and them being worn out. There is also another cause which my hubby comes under and that is not looking at what you are cycling over. Prevention is better than the cure!
Thanks for the interesting explanation. I will relay the info to my partner.

Back
Top Bottom