What are your other hobbies and interests?

When Mypinch takes the tips of her fingers on one hand, and scrapes them forward under her chin and says, "vafanapoli", then I will know that I'm in trouble.

morning glory, the next Italian person you meet, do this.

Make you right hand into a sort of cup with fingers together, then scrape the tips of your fingers outward under your chin from your throat and out past the chin.

You've just learned an Italian curse. So run away.

I think you must stop now.

Last edited:
OK. I'll get back to the thread.

I have a lot of hobbies, but so little time to do any of them in recent years. Since I work so much, my only hobbies that I still do would be boating and fishing (both fresh and salt water) in the summer, and skiing in the winter.

Here's my boat, the "Little Girl", buttoned up and tied down.

Little Girl 2.jpg

She was named in honor our eldest cat who passed away at the age of 19 shortly before we bought the boat.

And here's a nice catch, a largemouth bass, from the lake club we belong to:

1016161647c.jpg

And a nice keeper, a fluke, from the beach last summer:

0719162024a.jpg

The latter made for a tasty lunch the next day.

My main current interest is in upcycling i.e. salvaging something discarded and creating something from it - giving it a new lease of life. It is becoming quite trendy now (but I have been doing it before it achieved this status). Here is a simple example - a large broken vase I found....
2b6de1fe-a744-434c-ba71-baff4446f741_zpstujflh3x.jpg

I also love gardening, dabble in watercolour painting occasionally and write the odd free verse poem.
d48c2d2a-a913-402f-b7ce-e4ab0a74e6fc_zpsfe2f8210.jpg

morning glory, the next Italian person you meet, do this.

Make you right hand into a sort of cup with fingers together, then scrape the tips of your fingers outward under your chin from your throat and out past the chin.

You've just learned an Italian curse. So run away.
My main current interest is in upcycling i.e. salvaging something discarded and creating something from it - giving it a new lease of life. It is becoming quite trendy now (but I have been doing it before it achieved this status). Here is a simple example - a large broken vase I found....
2b6de1fe-a744-434c-ba71-baff4446f741_zpstujflh3x.jpg

I also love gardening, dabble in watercolour painting occasionally and write the odd free verse poem.
d48c2d2a-a913-402f-b7ce-e4ab0a74e6fc_zpsfe2f8210.jpg

You write free verse poem! Fantastic, I like this kind of art! Maybe could you share some verse? And I also like the paint...My mum paints.

Last edited:
You write free verse poem! Fantastic, I like this kind of art! Maybe could you share some verse? And I also like the paint...My mum paint..
OK - here is one entitled

Connections

We sometimes listen
without hearing

Do we often look
without seeing?
Understand
without feeling?

Motion devoid of emotion,
eyes without shine,
Death within Life

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I love the vase and painting, creative.

The poem is cool, albeit dark.

I love the vase and painting, creative.

The poem is cool, albeit dark.
Yes the poem was composed at a somewhat bleak time in my life (over 3 decades ago). It was originally entitled A Plea For Awareness (which was my motivation).

Happily, I have since cultivated a positive mindset which is now hardwired into me. (I had a transforming experience that I wrote a very short story about).

OK. I'll get back to the thread.

I have a lot of hobbies, but so little time to do any of them in recent years. Since I work so much, my only hobbies that I still do would be boating and fishing (both fresh and salt water) in the summer, and skiing in the winter.

Here's my boat, the "Little Girl", buttoned up and tied down.

View attachment 6060

She was named in honor our eldest cat who passed away at the age of 19 shortly before we bought the boat.

And here's a nice catch, a largemouth bass, from the lake club we belong to:

View attachment 6061

And a nice keeper, a fluke, from the beach last summer:

View attachment 6062

The latter made for a tasty lunch the next day.
When I read this post, my first thought was why is he skiing in winter. The water is too cold. Then I figured you meant snow skiing.

Lol, yeah, that wasn't very clear. Actually, I hope to learn to waterski this summer. I've never tried it before.

Lol, yeah, that wasn't very clear. Actually, I hope to learn to waterski this summer. I've never tried it before.
I love the idea of kite waterskiing but...meh...a tad too old for such antics!

I used to water ski quite a bit when I was younger. I tried it last year after a long lay off and I was sore for days....

That's why I refuse to try snowboarding. It's taken me years to become a decent skiier, so why beat my body against the mountain learning a new way of doing the same thing.
I still ski on really old 205 cm skis that the kids make fun of me. Until I beat most of them down the mountain.
:okay:

But waterskiing looks fun.

Right now I just tow people at high speeds on this raft. It's a lot of fun, and relatively harmless; just a little kidney busting when it crosses my wake.
I've had them up to 27 knots, or 50 kph.

0715161544.jpg

My boy (in the water) and his friend.

Back
Top Bottom