What can I make with chicken thighs

MrMajeika

Local time
8:23 AM
Picked up 1kg of bone in skin on chicken thighs reduced. Not sure what to make for dinner with them. Any ideas? Thought maybe a curry as I have the spices and tomato's and coconut milk. How would I go about making it. Will the skin go soggy? Open to other recipe ideas

I like to marinate them in well, pretty much anything, thighs are pretty bullet proof. . . but for example soy, sugar, rice wine vinegar, a little fish sauce, chili flake, then sear or grill them off, slice and toss with roasted peppers and green onions to over over rice.

Another fave is just some Jamaican Jerk rub, grill/roast and simple peas and rice with some braised collards or cabbage.

If I could, may I suggest caseydog 's recipe for Coq au Vin Blanc?
Recipe - Coq au Vin Blanc
coq-au-vin-blanc.jpg

It was just stunning!

Edit: I used Pancetta rather than Bacon, only because I had it on hand and it was a hit at our house.

If you don't have time for Jerk chicken, you could also do Shake & Bake.
In the US we have a pre-made product called Shake & Bake, not sure if they have it in the UK, but basically it is a seasoned bread crumb mix which you coat your chicken with (by shaking it in a bag with said mix) and then baking it.

To do a home-style version of this, season your chicken with salt and pepper, squeeze some garlic in the mix, add a dash of sherry, add some cayenne if you want a kick. Let that sit in the fridge for an hour or two. Then pour some breadcrumbs into a dish and press your chicken into the mix to get it to stick to the chicken skin. Put your coated chicken on a foil lined tray, and sprinkle on some more of the breadcrumbs if you have spots on the chicken where they didn't adhere the first time. Bake at 400 deg F for 20-25 mins.

Picked up 1kg of bone in skin on chicken thighs reduced. Not sure what to make for dinner with them. Any ideas? Thought maybe a curry as I have the spices and tomato's and coconut milk. How would I go about making it. Will the skin go soggy? Open to other recipe ideas
Chicken and dumplings! I have some in my freezer that are destined for that dish sometime within the next couple of weeks.

If you wanted to do the curry and are concerned about soggy skin, take the skin off before cooking. I have done that, and then I baked the skin for crispy cracklings.

Back
Top Bottom