What color is your kitchen & what do you collect ?

Francesca

Local time
11:22 AM
I have seen all types of kitchen memorablia over the years in Architectural Digest, House and Garden Magazine, Metropolitan Apartment Magazine, Côte du Sud Magazine etcetra ..

My theme is the sea, boats and fish and the aquamarine palette to pair with the Black and White neutrality .. And to accent & provide a rustic country nuance to the crisp modernity ..

I had just been recommended to check out The Cooks Kitchen Website after viewing a Thread By @morning glory on the Panzana Salad Thread Recipe, By: @MypinchofItaly & I just cannot resist this servingware ..

Absolutely incredible ..

Photograph: The Cooks Kitchen - Florence, Italy and London .. www.thecookskitchen.com

FISHSERVINGWAREFOOTbig_24291.jpg

Last edited:
My kitchen really doesn't have a color.
My collection is old and vintage kitchen stuff and waffle makers.
I picked me up an old corning ware percolator thinking it would be great for hot water. It still works but I can tell you the previous owner made 10 cups of coffee in it for many years.

The main part of my kitchen has cream cabinets, light grey and light brown tiles, pale grey walls (so pale that the paint seems to reflect and change colour at different times of the day), and the ceiling is a very pale dusky pink, not much darker than the walls - but even the ceiling looks darker in artificial light. The other end of the kitchen is nearly all timber, which is painted blue, with some plasterwork painted the same light grey. The floor is black stone tiles, the worktops are black and grey. There is very little that I would say is "collected", although I do have one decent complete dinner service which sees the light of day when I have visitors and a family of Lindt chocolate Easter bunnies (Mummy, Daddy and two babies) which are several years old now, and of course there are the odd few mugs and a couple of plates that I have never been able to part with.

My kitchen is white walls and various color surfaces and appliances. I collect dust and clutter. My kitchen will never have its day in Architectural Digest.

My kitchen is made of glass.
That could make cooking in the nude awkward. :eek: Not that I cook nude. Heck, I don't even like seeing myself in the mirror when I open up the shower curtain...

Kitchen mainly cream, with some black, orange and natural wood.. Collecting, I am trying to stop, but its not going very well. Mainly cookery/food related books, and random paintings, prints and photo's. From where I am now sitting, I can see six shelves of cookery books (est. 150 or so), five landscapes, six seascapes, three nudes, two Dickensian street scenes plus photos of a Hereford bull, an old Massey Ferguson tractor, four dogs past and present, and Mrs. E sitting in a 1950's Chevrolet in Havana. I went out on a trek round the charity shops this morning to find a copy of a particular Jeffrey Archer novel that my mother is missing from a series - no luck, but I did come back with three cookery books, two more seascapes and an old hunting scene. I have no idea where I am going to put them. Out of sight of Mrs. E for now.

Kitchen mainly cream, with some black, orange and natural wood.. Collecting, I am trying to stop, but its not going very well. Mainly cookery/food related books, and random paintings, prints and photo's. From where I am now sitting, I can see six shelves of cookery books (est. 150 or so), five landscapes, six seascapes, three nudes, two Dickensian street scenes plus photos of a Hereford bull, an old Massey Ferguson tractor, four dogs past and present, and Mrs. E sitting in a 1950's Chevrolet in Havana. I went out on a trek round the charity shops this morning to find a copy of a particular Jeffrey Archer novel that my mother is missing from a series - no luck, but I did come back with three cookery books, two more seascapes and an old hunting scene. I have no idea where I am going to put them. Out of sight of Mrs. E for now.

@epicuric,

I am terribly dangerous in Bookshops 1st hand or 2nd hand ! Except my books have a room of their own ! They need an apartment of their own !

Thanks for participating.
Have a nice day ..

My kitchen is white walls and various color surfaces and appliances. I collect dust and clutter. My kitchen will never have its day in Architectural Digest.

That could make cooking in the nude awkward. :eek: Not that I cook nude. Heck, I don't even like seeing myself in the mirror when I open up the shower curtain...

@Lynne Guinne,

:woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot:

My kitchen really doesn't have a color.
My collection is old and vintage kitchen stuff and waffle makers.
I picked me up an old corning ware percolator thinking it would be great for hot water. It still works but I can tell you the previous owner made 10 cups of coffee in it for many years.

@Cinisajoy

Vintage kitchen stuff ! Lots of fun .. The best part is rumaging through all the 2nd hand shops & Flea Markets ..

Thanks for the visit.
Have a nice day ..

Back
Top Bottom