What cuisine do you want to learn to cook?

True2marie

Veteran
Local time
9:12 PM
The cuisine I enjoy, but don't know how to prepare is creole food. Gumbo. Dirty Rice. Spicy Shrimp. All of these creole dishes are delicious. Yet, I am clueless as to the proper seasonings and techniques necessary to make any of them.

Shrimp%2B%2526%2BGrits.jpg

Probably Indian cuisine. Luckily for me, my step dad's work colleague and his wife (who are closer to my age) have invited me round to their house next weekend to teach me how to make authentic Indian dishes. :)

I would love to travel to India and learn how they cook their food. I love getting Indian take away from time to time, but I have heard that proper Indian food is 10 times better. Before I die I will have to do that. It has been my dream to travel to India

I wouldn't mind learning Chinese cuisine in greater detail. More specifically, I would like to learn how to make more of the components from scratch, rather than having to rely on bottled, pre-made sauces.

Also, although I'm half Italian and grew up cooking Italian food a lot with my family, I would like to learn some more high end recipes.

I want to learn to cook the Chinese and Korean cuisine. Since that I am now currently living in Korea the more I want to learn some of their recipes which I am beginning to love their foods day by day. And the Chinese cuisine which I also do love ever since I learned how to cook and the more I want to learn about some other recipes from them.

First and foremost, that picture looks so good!! I wish I could learn to make Japanese food! You don't have to cook, bake or fry for the most part, which is convenient. However you need to do a lot of precise cutting and the food is usually very neat. I am a bit careless and therefore a bit scared to use a knife. Also, Japanese foods are a little expensive even when you purchase the separate ingredients to make yourself, so that makes me hesitant to try and learn because if I make mistakes and need to throw failed recipes away that will cost quite a lot. That being said, I still plan to learn how to make temakis!
I would also love to learn to make burritos, just because I love them and they seem simple enough!

The cuisine I enjoy, but don't know how to prepare is creole food. Gumbo. Dirty Rice. Spicy Shrimp. All of these creole dishes are delicious. Yet, I am clueless as to the proper seasonings and techniques necessary to make any of them.

I'm a lover of asian (Japanese preferably) cusuine, so I would LOVE to learn how to prepare fresh dishes like sushi/sashimi, soups like miso and tofu, etc. I know that it doesn't require much and fairly easy to make, I guess I just need to do my research and find a grocery that carries these international ingredients. Any tips or experiences?

I want to learn how to cook more German cuisine. My boyfriend is German and his family makes a lot of tasty German food. I'd love to just show up at his house and present a yummy dish for them one day. I think it would be impressive.

I would love to learn Indian cuisine. The spices are so exotic and colorful. I love to watch the food network but there are not many shows that exhibit this cuisine. Does anyone know of any good Indian recipes I could try?

Shrimp and grits always looks amazing in photos. I have yet to try it since I moved to the south. Fish and grits is delicious as well. I like it baked or fried over buttery grits. My mouth is watering as I type.

Personally, I would love to learn how to make chinese food. The closest I have come is the frozen chinese entrees you buy in the freezer section and then microwave for dinner. :( haha! Joking aside, I would love to learn how to make their sauces from scratch! The flavors are so bold yet elegant! I would certainly love to learn how to make egg rolls as well!
Another cuisine I would like to expland is italian. I can make several italian dishes, but I would love to learn more! Italian is a family favorite so I would love to get more experience under my belt to impress them!

I always feel like learning more kinds of Chinese dishes. I simply love this cuisine. I can even handle preparing many Chinese varieties alone and I feel very divine while having them. I wanted to learn more and more varieties in this particular cuisine as I'm a big lover of it. The very next cuisine I crave for is the Indian. It is a mix of exaggerating number of spices and is too good in taste. I mostly prefer spicy food and Indian would be the best on this behalf.

I love Chinese food and would love to know how to cook them better. I would also like to learn more from the Italian side (even if it's mainly for the pizza :) ).

I would love to be able to make sushi. I think it is delicious but I don't trust myself to prepare it safely! Just the thought of raw fish incorrectly prepared makes me so nervous that I just leave it to the pros to make. I also would love to be able to make the delicious teriyaki noodles from any Asian restaurant. I always look up recipes online but they never turn out quite as good. Those are the two things I would love to save my money on and make myself!

I would love to learn how to cook Chinese food. It's the only food I haven't tried my hand at in the kitchen. I've mastered Spanish and Italian which are two of my favorites! I think I'll look up recipes online today!! Thanks for the thought!

Back
Top Bottom