What cuisine do you want to learn to cook?

I need to learn how to be vegetarian. I have tried over and over again. I have bought books, joined websites. It is as though I have a mental block of some sort! :0)

It has to be Japanese cuisine! I always crave for sushi so it would only be smart if I learned about it on my own one of these days. There aren't many ingredients needed to make sushi anyway. I can make the Cali Maki but the presentation isn't that great. I want to be able to make the rolls look and taste like authentic Japanese.

I want to learn Italian. I am quite surprised by the fact that Italian cuisine uses a good amount of salt. Now, that really is interesting since I am not sure how the food tastes with all the salt around. I do have a lot cook books talking about Italian food, however, I end up spoiling the item being cooked.

So, maybe I have to visit a good Italian restaurant here in India.

For me, anything Mediterranean or Asian. Those two cooking cultures are my favorite, and I would love to perfect the way they are cooking things. Of course I could just turn to a recipe on the Internet, but its all about secret ingredients and tricks that have been around for hundreds of years. Those were cool to learn.

I've been wanting to learn Japanese and Korean cooking lately, but leaning more towards Japanese cuisine since it's my absolute favorite one. I've recently been watching a few Japanese cooking videos and am also planning on taking a trip to our local Japanese grocery for some ingredients. I'm just hoping that they have all the ingredients I'll need, especially the unique mushrooms as I'm most curious about how those taste.

I would love to learn how to cook different chinese dishes, like you see in restaurants. I see different dishes with vegetables, with chinese sauces added. I would like to learn how to cook real chinese food. I always love the food when I go out to eat in chinese restaurants. It feels like there is something new every time I go. I enjoy the variety and different sides. I am thinking about trying to cook something simple to start out, like tofu maybe. I am not the best cook, so I thought I would keep it small to start.

I need to learn how to be vegetarian. I have tried over and over again. I have bought books, joined websites. It is as though I have a mental block of some sort! :0)

I myself would also love to cook vegetarian. The one positive with cooking vegetarian is the fact that it is healthy, as well. I would not have to worry so much about the extra fat grams, calories, and carbs. I love all vegetables and fruits, so I think it would be something I could enjoy. My dad, loves vegetarian as well, so maybe I can get him into eating it with me. He is not picky when it comes to food, like me. I would just try getting a cook book, following the steps, and just see how it tastes. You may absolutely love it, you never know.

I really want to learn more about cooking fresh Mexican style food. I want to know the best way to cook rice and beans. My friends rice and beans always taste amazing. Only recently did I realize that the rice needs to be long grain and fried in oil before cooking. And I didn't realize that they seasoned the beans with onion or garlic besides only salt.

I also want to understand the best ratios of spices such as chili and cumin and how they work together with other ingeredients. I also need to learn more about chilis and peppers and how to use them for best taste, and which ones are best for "heat" etc.

The cuisine I enjoy, but don't know how to prepare is creole food. Gumbo. Dirty Rice. Spicy Shrimp. All of these creole dishes are delicious. Yet, I am clueless as to the proper seasonings and techniques necessary to make any of them.

Shrimp%2B%2526%2BGrits.jpg
Indian food is also a cuisine I would like to make. I actually started making somas a few months ago, they came out good but not like the ones in a Indian restaurant. The main reason I like Indian foods are the spices, and they have a lot of vegetarian options.

I would r wally love to become good at cooking Asian food. I know a few recipes, but my food never tastes as good as the food prepared at a restaurant or by a person who has been cooking it for years. There is just something about the flavors that you can't wing it when cooking.

Back
Top Bottom