What did you cook, eat or drink today (March 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Herb and lemon zest coated halibut filets with tomato butter (those are my home grown Everglades tomatoes). Sides are smashed tricolor new potatoes and broccoli.

2019-03-11 18.40.43.jpg

Halibut is a wonderful fish - and your tomatoes look very good. So... tomato butter is tomatoes cooked in butter?

With basil, S and P as well, until they burst. It was supposed to be tarragon, but I don't like that so used basil instead. The fish is coated in chopped basil and parsley mixed with lemon zest, then salt and pepper, grilled with EVOO. It was really good.

Re-heated (microwave) chicken tikka and Bombay potatoes. Very little degradation really.

6 s.jpg

(The Fuzzy dog was sat next to my feet as I ate this. I asked my wife "What does he want?". "He can smell the chicken", she says.
Surely dogs don't eat spicy chicken? However, I saved a tiny piece and gave it to him when I'd finished the rest. Surprisingly, he ate it.)

Re-heated (microwave) chicken tikka and Bombay potatoes. Very little degradation really.

View attachment 22984
(The Fuzzy dog was sat next to my feet as I ate this. I asked my wife "What does he want?". "He can smell the chicken", she says.
Surely dogs don't eat spicy chicken? However, I saved a tiny piece and gave it to him when I'd finished the rest. Surprisingly, he ate it.)

I had a sheltie once that would eat pepperoncini. Not because he liked them, but he didn't want the other dogs to have them. None of the other dogs would eat them no matter what. I would never give spicy food to our pugs as it would upset their stomachs.

I had a sheltie once that would eat pepperoncini. Not because he liked them, but he didn't want the other dogs to have them. None of the other dogs would eat them no matter what.

We used to eat at my boss's house quite a lot (local) and they had a stupid dalmatian bitch. She used to sit by me as I ate with that expectant look in. her eyes. One time I gave her a pickled jalapeño chili in a piece of bread. She gobbled it down but never came near me at the dinner table again.

Somerset Bacon Chops. From Hamlyn All Colour Cookbook, Audrey Ellis.

Will be entering this in the bacon comp. Unfortunately I didn't feel this turned out as well as previous attempts although the taste remained excellent.

DSC_0966.jpg

DSC_0968.jpg

As the recipe suggested I fried some onions to scatter over the top but feel I overdid it. I also made a small amount of apple sauce with the remaining bramley.

DSC_0967.jpg

This is a previous version of the same dish, I think this looks better, but as I understand the 'rules' I should post the pic of the dish as prepared this time?

bac2_zpsdudnoxg9.JPG

Attachments

• bac2_zpsdudnoxg9.JPG
    bac2_zpsdudnoxg9.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom