What did you cook, eat or drink today (March 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slow cooker (crock-pot) spiced bacon/gammon. This is going to be the basis of a number of dishes for the Cookingbites Recipe Challenge: Bacon.

Ingredients (minus the bacon):

fullsizeoutput_42da.jpeg

Assembled in slow-cooker:

fullsizeoutput_42dd.jpeg

More to follow in the Recipe Challenge thread...

2 pieces of bread with sausages and mustard n onions with ketchup. Bought at a local store. It's a big store and people fundraiser at the front of the shop selling bread and sausys. Real good.

Russ

Last night, after a few glasses of wine I managed to knock up a killer sauce to go with some chicken breasts that had been cooked sous vide (4 hours @ 63.5 deg C - perfectly succulent). Unfortunately, I didn't take photos, or write down exactly how I did it, but it started off with lightly fried shallots, chicken stock, Dijon mustard and carob syrup, thickened with cream and the juice of half a lemon to sharpen it up a bit. I am under instruction to make it again, so next time will record it, as it really was very good indeed. I suspect it might also work with steak.

Last night, after a few glasses of wine I managed to knock up a killer sauce to go with some chicken breasts that had been cooked sous vide (4 hours @ 63.5 deg C - perfectly succulent). Unfortunately, I didn't take photos, or write down exactly how I did it, but it started off with lightly fried shallots, chicken stock, Dijon mustard and carob syrup, thickened with cream and the juice of half a lemon to sharpen it up a bit. I am under instruction to make it again, so next time will record it, as it really was very good indeed. I suspect it might also work with steak.

Sounds good - carob syrup is unusual.

I've been away for a week, eating out three times every day . This was last Sunday night's meal, kitchen and scenery.

20190311172549_IMG_1852.JPG

The kitchen has been upgraded. It's now on a table,

20190311172543_IMG_1851.JPG

But food its still served as before (@morning glory this one was for you :laugh:)

20190311164220_IMG_1846.JPG

And the scenery has also been upgraded, but we lacked the lighting arrangements, so petzels (original brand of headtorch) had to come out soon after these pictures were taken.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom