What did you cook/eat today (April 2018)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife is away today and she left strict instructions that I was not to make a mess.

I reheated the remainder of the chicken Kohlapuri and dry cooked a frozen naan.

With naan 1 s.jpg

IMG_1385.JPG

Penne with Oven Dried Tomatoes, Pesto, and Mushrooms. I made the pesto without olive oil (using homemade vegetable stock), and it still tastes like pesto. The penne is low carb. This is a rare case where I decided to do things the easy way (boiling boxed pasta instead of feeling obligated to make everything from scratch).

View attachment 15859

Penne with Oven Dried Tomatoes, Pesto, and Mushrooms. I made the pesto without olive oil (using homemade vegetable stock), and it still tastes like pesto. The penne is low carb. This is a rare case where I decided to do things the easy way (boiling boxed pasta instead of feeling obligated to make everything from scratch).

Nice - and nearly vegan! That is unless you left the parm out of the pesto. There is an excellent vegan sub for parmesan... here.

Nice - and nearly vegan! That is unless you left the parm out of the pesto. There is an excellent vegan sub for parmesan... here.
Hmmm...since pesto already includes ground nuts and garlic, it seems that I could just leave the cheese out completely to make it vegan. Not the same flavor as the cheese, but still good.

Hmmm...since pesto already includes ground nuts and garlic, it seems that I could just leave the cheese out completely to make it vegan. Not the same flavor as the cheese, but still good.

You could add nutritional yeast to get the cheesy flavour. I bought some but am not a huge fan but I know a lot of vegans love it.

Craig was over on the west coast for work, so he picked up some stone crabs for us. This will be it for us for this season, which closes the 15th. Mustard sauce of course and just a plain salad we ate prior.

View attachment 15867
It is a truism that the best food is a single quality ingredient prepared properly.

Ratatouille served with Ikea veggie balls (again).
Hubby makes a nice ratatouille and given the glut of courgettes and aubergines from our last harvest before moving house, it's a good way of using them up. Plus I don't have to cook. This was Sunday nights meal hence being uploaded to the April file which we'll close down very shortly.

20180429192208_IMG_0538.JPG

You could add nutritional yeast to get the cheesy flavour. I bought some but am not a huge fan but I know a lot of vegans love it.
I've found it really varies in taste and quality depending on where you are and what make you purchase. I wasn't that keen on it in the UK until I found one brand I really liked. But the brand I have been buying in Australia wasn't thst good either until hubby came home with one in a tin. It at on the shelf in the pantry unopened until recently with me trying my hardest to avoid it. Anyhow I finally tried it, it's more of a powder than flakes but it's really nice and easy more cheesy in flavour than any others I've tried before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom