What did you cook/eat today (April 2018)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chicken Kohlapuri. That was the tastiest curry I've had for a long time. The green chillis were not as hot as I expected and maybe in future I'll add a few Thai chillis to beef up the heat. Notwithstanding that, it was a very good curry.

(Courtesy of Mridula Baljekar)

served 2 s.jpg

We had that pork shoulder goulash I made a few weeks ago that ended up in the freezer.

Normally we eat it with mash or polenta or rice but tonight I cooked penne rigatoni and threw broccoli & peas in at the end before straining then dressed this mixture with the goulash.

Oddly delicious.

Bibimbap. You can't really see it but there is ground beef under all those veges and egg in the bowl. Bibimbap sauce made with gochujang on the side, so it can be as spicy as you want. Soju as a beverage.

2018-04-30 18.36.21.jpg

2018-04-30 18.36.45.jpg

Last edited:
There was, I just didn't break it before I took the picture.
Next time... :D. We love our egg bleeds here. Talking of which - here is one I did earlier for the Cookalong:

This is for @buckytom who suggested an idea for kataifi tater tots. This is a giant tater tot coated in kataifi with a soft poached egg yolk at the centre.

The dish needs a name featuring @buckytom somehow:

fullsizeoutput_32bd.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_32c0.jpeg

Bibimbap. You can't really see it but there is ground beef under all those veges and egg in the bowl. Bibimbap sauce made with gochujang on the side, so it can be as spicy as you want. Soju as a beverage.

View attachment 15846

View attachment 15847

That's the stuff! You guys need tall sided, heavy earthenware bowls with which to cook the Bibimbap, so the bottom rice crisps a bit.
There's a name for that, the crispy rice; I've forgotten.

Oh, and yes, egg bleed = money shot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom