What did you cook/eat today (December 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 12426

Tater tots with a cube of cheddar in the middle. I season them with basil, smoked paprika, and garlic powder, with a little bit of pepper and salt. Par boil the potatoes first to get a perfect cook, then wrap them up and deep fry them.

They look great. Coincidentally I came across 'Tater Tots' whilst Googling for something else, today. Its not a familiar dish in the UK. So - do you mean par boil before ricing the potatoes?

View attachment 12426

Tater tots with a cube of cheddar in the middle. I season them with basil, smoked paprika, and garlic powder, with a little bit of pepper and salt. Par boil the potatoes first to get a perfect cook, then wrap them up and deep fry them.
That is something we just don't have over here, biscuits and gravy is another. On my holiday list is a road trip somewhere in America just to spend a week eating diner food.

Anyway, tonight's meal is shaping up nicely.

20171224_181636.jpg

They look great. Coincidentally I came across 'Tater Tots' whilst Googling for something else, today. Its not a familiar dish in the UK. So - do you mean par boil before ricing the potatoes?
Yes...peel the potatoes and boil for 6 minutes, then cool and shred. Here's my recipe on my external site:

www.geniuskitchen.com/amp/recipe/tater-tots-528644

I will translate the recipe and post on this site when I have a chance.

Please do! This is going on my ever extending 'things to be cooked' list.
Coincidentally, I was looking at a recipe yesterday. I've been spending a while catching up on "Diners, Drive-ins and Dives" :giggle: I will definitely give @The Late Night Gourmet 's recipe a try after the holidays.

Here in the Midlands there are Indian restaurants galore! To be honest I much prefer to frquent the Turkish restaurants, tasty light and healthy whereas Indian food can be heavy when covered in sauce.
A Turkish restaurant opened up a couple of hundred yards away from my house a little while ago, more or less the same time as the KFC opposite it. Guess which one gets packed out :giggle:

I see that you are experimenting with the "close up" shots SNSSO.

Impressive.
His first attempt at presentation on the plate more resembled an Eton mess
20171225142056_IMG_0024.JPG
again the new camera but so many settings are now on screen and changed using the on-screen songs...I'm still getting the hang of the new camera but at least I can get files off it much more easily
What's missing from both of these shots is the eggnog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom