What did you cook/eat today (December 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
December 25th, Monday .. My Mom, Mom in Law & I prepared Gordon´s renowned Beef Wellington ..

AAFRANCESCABEEFWELLINGTON20171224_225900.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
December 25th, Monday .. My Mom, Mom in Law & I prepared Gordon´s renowned Beef Wellington ..

View attachment 12458
Gorgeous! This is much better looking than any other Wellington I've ever seen. Scoring the puff pastry added an elegant effect.

Gorgeous! This is much better looking than any other Wellington I've ever seen. Scoring the puff pastry added an elegant effect.

@The Late Night Gourmet

It took the labors of the 3 of us to create this .. However, it merited magnificance ! Came out amazingly stunning .. The interior came out perfectly rare .. Challenging however, I must say that each one of us, truly gave heart and soul to this Wellington (Beef).

Thank you for the lovely compliment ..

All our best wishes for a wonderful Christmas holiday season ..

Last edited:
I'm intrigued about bread sauce...What is it?
it is one of the best bits of a traditional English Christmas dinner. Love it. I would happily eat homemade bread sauce and stuffing for Christmas lunch.

Stick cloves in an onion so it looks like a sea mine! Add that to a saucepan of milk (or vegan alternative!) And add a bayleaf and some peppercorns. Warm the milk so it gets the flavour of the onion etc. Add white breadcrumbs and simmer and stir until you get a thickish sauce. Serve with roast chicken/turkey. Yum :)

Last edited:
Today I did a venison wellington, hassleback potatoes, roast carrots and parsnips, gravy, braised red cabbage with sprouts. Starter was retro prawn cocktail and pud was Christmas pudding, mince pies and profiteroles. Then cheese.

Supper was cold meat sandwiches with some of my home made curried apple and green tomato chutney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom