What did you cook/eat today (January 2018)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Francesca´s simple seafood and shellfish salad ..

AAFRANCESCASALADSEAFD20180124_125432.jpg

@The Velvet Curtain & @Yorky & @morning glory

Kiss = Keeping it simply simple with wild fresh shellifsh ( mussels, jumbo prawns ) and octopus salad .. Red tomatoes, a tiny onion, red horn shaped Iberian peppers, Green Italian horn pepper, Bio Green Evoo and Vinaigrette Jerez de La Frontera .. a pinch of salt & some fresh minced herbs from the terrace .. Nothing more, nothing less .. Served with Chapata from a wonderful Catalan Bakery and a glass of Cava ..

Have a nice Sunday ..

Thank you.

Last night was comfort food.

New Year's baked ham from the freezer = Gooey ham mac and cheese with a salad. Gruyere, sharp cheddar and Jarlsberg cheese. Topped with grated Parmesan Reggiano. Baked until the parm was golden. The salad was mixed greens with grape tomatoes sliced , sliced red grapes, EVOO, Balsamic vinegar, salt & pepper topped with crumbled Gorgonzola.

@ElizabethB

Love the salad with red grapes !! Definitely dazzling delighting .. And the Baked Ham sound lovely too ..

Question: Have you ever seen the recipe for The Late Chef de Cuisine Paul Bocuse´s Classic Baked French Macaroni ?

A must do ! Google: Recipe Paul Bocuse Macaroni & Cheese ( available in English ) ..

Enjoy your day ..

This evening I made spicy lamb mince curry, a Tom Kerridge recipe. It took a lot of work to organise and prep ready to cook because I am not an accomplished cook, however it worked out really well. Made the full amount and put half in the freezer, I think we will need to run some colour through it.

View attachment 13238
It was very good, had a lovely, deep earthy flavour.

This evening I made spicy lamb mince curry, a Tom Kerridge recipe. It took a lot of work to organise and prep ready to cook because I am not an accomplished cook, however it worked out really well. Made the full amount and put half in the freezer, I think we will need to run some colour through it.

Well done @Lullabelle - you are keeping your New Year's resolution (unlike me)! It looks good.

Paul Prudhomme's Cajun Shepherd's pie, though it's technically a cottage pie since it's made mostly with ground beef and a bit of ground pork. It's a 3 layer meatloaf, meatloaf on the bottom, a mix of carrots, onions, green and yellow squash, topped with mashies. Craig uses Paul's very hot sauce for beef, but it's more than spicy enough for me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom