What did you cook/eat today (January 2018)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love butter chicken. We haven't had that in a good while.

We've having a new to us dish tonight, buckwheat crepes with an apple, onion, ham, gruyere filling. The batter is made and resting, cheese is grated, and the filling is also made, so I just have to cook the crepes.

Last edited:
On a Friday I normally play snooker and imbibe in a little alcoholic beverage. Today was no exception, so being fishcaked we called in the local Hainanese chicken rice stall for sustenance.

Served 3 s.jpg

I'm interested in this. Buckwheat can make for quite a heavy pancake. I've only made buckwheat pancakes as blinis which works quite well.

The crepes themselves came out fine and tasted good as long as you like buckwheat. Craig found he didn't like buckwheat in that amount though, blinis ok, large crepe not so much. We actually ended up eating sandwiches. You'd think apples, onions, ham, and cheese would all be good together but there was just something off and unpleasant tasting when it all got put together, even more so when you added the buckwheat taste from the crepes.

Potstickers. Square ones are shrimp. Crescents are pork. My little black pug jumped up in my chair in the kitchen and tried to steal 1 of my pork ones while I was getting my sauce. I sat down on the couch to take the picture and eat, and next thing I know, the fawn pug had 1 of the shrimp ones. So, the pugs got to split a shrimp potsticker. It must have been pretty good because now I'm getting sad, I'm starving eyes.

2018-01-26 18.53.29.jpg

Your folds are nice.

Thank you but they really weren't this time. I didn't realize the package had gotten torn open and they were dry around the edges, so they were cracking as I was trying to fold. Guess I'll wrap even new packages in plastic wrap from now on and put in a storage bag before freezing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom