What did you cook/eat today (January 2018)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
At lunch time, I made myself a veggie soup (carrots, leeks, mushrooms and cherry tomatoes), and put a pinch of Chinese 5 spice seasoning and some light soy sauce for a bit more flavour. There was much more than is show in the photo :laugh:

Veggie soup.jpg

Tonight's dinner was just egg, chips and baked beans, followed by an orange and some After Eights.

Lunch and dinner were both eaten with a thick slice of home made bread. of course.

At lunch time, I made myself a veggie soup (carrots, leeks, mushrooms and cherry tomatoes), and put a pinch of Chinese 5 spice seasoning and some light soy sauce for a bit more flavour. There was much more than is show in the photo :laugh:

View attachment 13113

Tonight's dinner was just egg, chips and baked beans, followed by an orange and some After Eights.

Lunch and dinner were both eaten with a thick slice of home made bread. of course.

Looks like a lovely soup @Elawin.

After Eights? I haven't had those for years!

Yet another thing I had to look up. I learn so much on this forum! I think I'll have a stab at making that bread... and use lard!

As I understand it, many Latin countries, including Spain celebrate a girl's 15th birthday. I've heard of gowns being upwards of $50,000 and the actual event costing $200,000. Makes you wonder what is spent on weddings!:eek:
None of the ones I attended were anywhere near those numbers.

Our Wednesday night dinner was our second and last jar of osetra caviar on toast points with creme fraiche if wanted. Second course was eggs in cocotte over duxelles, with a tiny bit of grated gruyere, and black truffle shavings. Oh, and a side salad.

2018-01-24 18.00.05.jpg

2018-01-24 18.10.15.jpg

Last edited:
Our Wednesday night dinner was our second and last jar of osetra caviar on toast points with creme fraiche if wanted. Second course was eggs in cocotte over duxelles, with a tiny bit of grated gruyere, and black truffle shavings. Oh, and a side salad.

View attachment 13161

View attachment 13162

Two of my ultimate ingredients: truffles and caviar. Envy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom