What did you cook/eat today (January 2018)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eggplank rounds like i mad for the challenge. Changed up the shrimp a little. No béchamel. Sautéed onions, garlic and a lot of Cremini mushrooms in butter. Planned on cooking it down with a little white wine. Out of white wine! :hyper: I wonder how that happened. :drink: Used a little heavy cream instead then added the shrimp and cooked until no longer raw. Also added Parmesan Regianno. The sauce was a little thin but very tasty. G was happy.

Pork balls and noodle soup.

pork noodles s.jpg

@Frizz, there are a couple of us who want to make sourdough. Do I recall that you make your own? We are looking for someone to do a sourdough Masterclass so that we can 'cookalong' and compare notes.

I took a class a couple of years ago & have clear instructions that I’m happy to share. Currently I need to start a new “mother” so we could all do it together if you like.

We could start a new thread & go from there?

So much deliciousness this past few days while I was in Sydney with friends. We had tickets to a Q&A with Nigella Lawson at 5pm. . So we had lunch before the show, followed by gelato then dinner after

Turkish meze In Barrangaroo

Simit, pide, rocket salad, borek
FA7F9852-084F-4340-BA9D-6C2B53A50FCF.jpeg

Camel sausage. Like a spicy merguez
87FBA529-2CD8-469B-AC20-61FA1BA329BD.jpeg

Then Gelato at Messina’s new shopfront in Circular Quay. I had the chocolate looking one. It was Orange Mocha Frappachino.

5A84E219-1713-494A-A9AE-AC446B64C687.jpeg

Then dinner at Dan Hong’s “Mr Wongs”

Angus beef in kampot pepper
81F7953E-04E7-49BC-AD4D-C987FD9B651F.jpeg

Wok tossed pork belly & octopus.
8C402E8A-20E1-465B-A06E-4ADA7C1E0B3B.jpeg

There were a few other dishes of course but we didn’t get pics.

So much deliciousness this past few days while I was in Sydney with friends. We had tickets to a Q&A with Nigella Lawson at 5pm. . So we had lunch before the show, followed by gelato then dinner after

Turkish meze In Barrangaroo

Simit, pide, rocket salad, borek
View attachment 13093

Camel sausage. Like a spicy merguez
View attachment 13094

Then Gelato at Messina’s new shopfront in Circular Quay. I had the chocolate looking one. It was Orange Mocha Frappachino.

View attachment 13095

Then dinner at Dan Hong’s “Mr Wongs”

Angus beef in kampot pepper
View attachment 13092

Wok tossed pork belly & octopus.
View attachment 13096

There were a few other dishes of course but we didn’t get pics.

Wow! What a lovely series of dishes. But I noticed:

Camel sausage.

:ohmy:

Did you make this yourself? I looked it up and it seems similar to simple white bread except that lard or other shortening is added. Is that the main difference?

We didn't make it as it is pretty cheap at a Cuban bakery or the local grocery. I doubt they use lard here. I love the pastries from Cuban bakeries, but I find the cakes to be too sweet for me. I attended quite a few Quinceanera parties in my teens for class mates and friends where these cakes were served.

Wow! What a lovely series of dishes. But I noticed:

:ohmy:

My friends and I had just that same morning been discussing the enormous feral camel population here in Australia and how as a nation we really should start eating them. I had a burger made of camel meat a long time ago but the others had never tried it. Serendipitously it was on the menu at Anason, the Turkish Meze place we ended up for lunch.

Monday's breakfast - the usual muesli with lots of milk and yoghurt.
Lunch was flat breads with paneer and pickles.
And dinner - a quick potato and courgette curry, with steamed rice and flat breads.
Guess who forgot to get the bread out of the freezer :roflmao:

I picked up a package of Crawfish tails from my neighborhood market. I made wild mushroom risotto and kind of stir fried the crawfish with onions, garlic, broccoli and mushrooms in butter. Tasty. I really need to put less wine in the cook than I do in the food. I would be able to post pics. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom