What did you cook/eat today (June 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
9:21 PM
Each month, we start a new thread called "What did you cook/eat today?" Tell what you have cooked or eaten on that day. As simple as that. The thread is simply to show what you have prepared and/or eaten because it varies so much from person to person and from country to country. Feel free to also cover any meal or snack that you have eaten during the day.

This is posted as a response to @creative who wished to see jacket potatoes oozing with butter in the May thread.

Not perfect but...........

jacket butter 1 s.jpg

jacket butter 2 s.jpg

I shall be eating it this evening with the last of the chicken kebabs.

I'm not decrying potatoes being served for breakfast but I cannot remember them being included in Yorkshire when I was a lad. Ours were limited to fried egg(s), sausages, bacon, beans, tomatoes (sometimes), black pudding, and toast with butter. I don't remember mushrooms either but we may have had them at times. Oh, and a cup of tea, of course.

Tattie scones. Fried Tattie scones were always part of our breakfast in Scotland, but it also included fried dumpling as well (clootie which is a sweet fruit dumpling sliced into 1cm thick slices, served with fried egg, fried mushrooms and sometimes baked beans). But that's a west coast Scotland dish, not east of south of the border.

Typical here are hash browns with breakfast. Hash browns are shredded potatoes.

No clue yet today but the dog will be having chicken breasts. Microwaved with salt and lemon pepper.

Last night's dinner was home-made pizza with spinach and home-made ricotta. It was too big to fit on my largest dinner plates without being cut into pieces. Eating was accompanied by a lot of whinging and crying from the canine member of the family, until he discovered his mini-pizza was cooling down out in the kitchen. I haven't given tonight's dinner so much as a thought yet - I've only just had breakfast after taking the mutt for a long walk.

I really have a few things in the fridge ...and today is too hot to go to buy something else to the store and cook something on the stoves or in the oven. I think I'll be able to prepare a black olives paté with oat crackers bought in Edinburgh, salad or raw vegetables...I'll see after.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom