What did you cook/eat today (May 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny thing, with risotto. Whenever I have it in a restaurant, I always find it thoroughly delightful. Whenever I try to cook it, I'm always disappointed.

Looking at your photo I'd say it isn't creamy enough. Perhaps you are not stirring it enough? We could start a risotto thread. @MypinchofItaly can be our resident expert!

Looking at your photo I'd say it isn't creamy enough. Perhaps you are not stirring it enough? We could start a risotto thread. @MypinchofItaly can be our resident expert!

I think you are right. Actually, looking at my own photo myself, the other thing that now occurs to me is that I have the ratio of ingredients wrong. The proportion of rice is far to little to get that risotto effect, if that makes any sense. I have to say, the risotto did absorb and astonishing amount of stock, but maybe I needed less of everything else rather than more rice.

I think you are right. Actually, looking at my own photo myself, the other thing that now occurs to me is that I have the ratio of ingredients wrong. The proportion of rice is far to little to get that risotto effect, if that makes any sense. I have to say, the risotto did absorb and astonishing amount of stock, but maybe I needed less of everything else rather than more rice.

I'm no expert with risotto. I'm sure @MypinchofItaly knows far more than me. I don't cook it very often as it isn't one of my favourite things. However, my friend who I stay with (and cook for) every few weeks really likes it. So I should make more effort. Start a new thread...?

not a great shot, just taken on the phone in the dark on my knee... yep and IKEA plates as well as IKEA cushions (all last seasons btw).

Baked Walnut and Cheddar Dumplings in a Béchamel sauce, served with kale, broccoli, runner beans and marinated Tempeh (fried) - cooked by my husband who doesn't do presentation! But it tasted fantastic.

DSC_0452.JPG

Looks good, SNSSO, even for a committed carnivore like me.

After my son's rugby game today, my wife picked up Chinese takeout for herself and my boy. Since I drove home separately ( I went straight from work this morning), I stopped at a diner on the way home and got a Reuben and fries.

0507171639b_HDR.jpg

I am told that my halogen oven on full heat is able to cook tandoori chicken.

Tomorrow I'm going to initially try chicken tikka.

What can go wrong?

not a great shot, just taken on the phone in the dark on my knee... yep and IKEA plates as well as IKEA cushions (all last seasons btw).

Baked Walnut and Cheddar Dumplings in a Béchamel sauce, served with kale, broccoli, runner beans and marinated Tempeh (fried) - cooked by my husband who doesn't do presentation! But it tasted fantastic.

View attachment 6916

Cheddar?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom