What did you cook/eat today (November 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks great. Is that homegrown corn?

This morning I had kale, green apple, mango & mint in my smoothie. I prefer the milder flavour of baby spinach if I’m honest but I grow kale so...

Lunch was focaccia with mortadella, tomato & cheddar with a rocket salad.

9F78C2EC-722E-40AB-8BFA-ABC48C2438A8.jpeg

I made the focaccia yesterday to avoid a trip to town just for bread.

I used my sourdough starter and boosted it with a teaspoon of freeze dried instant yeast.

I have this picture in my mind of you and "the mutt" sat opposite each other at the breakfast table.

:D:D
You may laugh, but years ago a friend of my ex's had a huge boxer dog which did used to sit at their table to eat :sick: Needless to say, we never went round there for a meal. "The mutt" knows his place, even if a certain black cat does beat him to it sometimes. :laugh:

You may laugh, but years ago a friend of my ex's had a huge boxer dog which did used to sit at their table to eat :sick: Needless to say, we never went round there for a meal. "The mutt" knows his place, even if a certain black cat does beat him to it sometimes. :laugh:

We used to eat at my ex boss's house quite regularly (his wife was an excellent cook) and their dalmatian would sit by the table hoping to be given a scrap. I gave it a pickled jalapeno wrapped in a slice of bread one time - he never bothered me again.

IMG_0997.JPG

Breakfast Banhmito (breakfast banh mi). @Herbie: you had asked for recipes for my breakfast burritos, and here's a rare case where I thought it out and took pics to document.

Top-to-bottom tour of the inside of this burrito:
  • homemade Mexican chorizo with cilantro
  • homemade kimchi (there's a bit of pickled carrot above, and daikon radish below, the sauce)
  • homemade sauce containing an insane number of ingredients (olive oil mayo, gochujang, sesame oil, a dash of my homemade vanilla pepper oil, Chianking vinegar, rice vinegar, fish sauce, lime juice, diced pickled ginger, and homemade habanero jelly)
  • rough scrambled egg with black garlic - @Francesca: I bought the garlic to make with the recipe you posted, but I didn't have the mushrooms. By the way, black garlic does NOT slice, dice, or chop...it's soft and mushy, but has an interesting sweet/savory flavor that was mostly lost among all these spices
Now some more of the process. Here's the conglomeration in the pan. All the other ingredients were cooked in the chorizo fat.

IMG_0996.JPG

And here's the finished product:

IMG_0998.JPG

Last edited:
Looks great. Is that homegrown corn?

This morning I had kale, green apple, mango & mint in my smoothie. I prefer the milder flavour of baby spinach if I’m honest but I grow kale so...

Lunch was focaccia with mortadella, tomato & cheddar with a rocket salad.

View attachment 11810

I made the focaccia yesterday to avoid a trip to town just for bread.

I used my sourdough starter and boosted it with a teaspoon of freeze dried instant yeast.

Perfect! Bravissima

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom