What did you cook/eat today (November 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bacon (using craig's home cured bacon) and asparagus quiche with a purchased fresh fruit salad as the side. Cheeses were imported Swiss and Fontina.

Pugs got pastry dough scraps brushed with bacon grease as treats.

Sorry to hear you had breast cancer, my late mum had one removed so I know what it entails. What you are saying about different areas tasting different, I believe that's why milk here is all pooled and a certain standard is given to everybody, nz is a massive dairy supplier around the world. But oh for the old days eh?? You are very lucky you still get creamy milk.

Russ
There are a lot more stores including supermarkets in the UK stocking it now. The milk I have regularly comes from Devon, Sainsbury's milk comes from Scotland, and the milk the milkman leaves (Muller) could come from almost anywhere.

How'd you like it?
I loved it and ate far too much. I always had the impression that risotto was like soggy rice and was pleasantly surprised that it was so creamy. I had a bit of a head start on how to make it because it was one of the featured recipes on an Asian Channel called B4U Plus. The programme is called "India's Kitchen" and is actually in English unlike most of their shows.

Last edited:
This is the first time I've ever had risotto, let alone made it.

I grew up eating long grain white rice and occasionally brown or wild rice. Never heard of Risotto. 8 or 10 years ago, visiting Brother in Denver, CO. , SIL made Risotto. Love ate first bite. Our favorite is a mushroom risotto. The time spent making a proper risotto is well worth the effort.

Lunch today,rosemary faccacia and camembert. Too much bread so some of it was left however it has given us an idea for Christmas Eve (sorry to mention the 'c' word so early in the year.
View attachment 34485
See, this is my only issue with the holidays - there are so many holiday-appropriate foods I want to eat, and there isn't enough time to do it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom