What did you cook or eat today (April 2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
More mixed than cooked.
Mr SSOAP is always complaining English Mustard is now weak, where‘s the stuff gone that seared off your nostrils if you used more than a dot? So I made some to knock his socks off. Went down a storm, it’s how I remember mustard tasting and it’s HHHHOT :pepper:
He’s very happy.

View attachment 98139
Love that label ... did you make youself?

Tasso pasta. Homemade tasso, carrots, onion, garlic, zucchini, yellow squash, cream and ParmR.

View attachment 98192
Looks lovely. Tasso? First time I read about tasso. Is it the sauce? or the meat stripes and sauce? My google says:Tasso is a smoked seasoning meat used to flavor dishes like Gumbo, Jambalaya, and Red Beans & Rice. Tasso used to be made from the trim after an Acadian Hog Boucherie, thin strips, heavily seasoned, dried, then smoked for hours.

I will probably post in reverse order, starting with just minutes ago, I finished and taste tested this new soup, and I really really like it. I spotted the idea on youtube, unfortunately cannot remember the channels name.
It did call for basil, but I had none. I do like the subs.

Baked tomatoes and onion are the base. Some garlic. A touch of chillli powder. Thyme and dried lime leaves. Next time I might make it more liquidy and a tad more fatty, somehow. But the taste is so rich and exciting.

Probably a cold weather dish, but then again, let us break those rules.:giggle:

Having a few tomatoes going soft, not being too interesting to saladize, and quite a few onions to use up...voila.
20230402_220101.jpg
20230402_222419.jpg

it's been a while since my last quiche, so here we go again. Zucchini, vegan cheese, eggs filling. 1/3 quiches is spelt flour, 2/3 are corn flour, I made 3 to eat through the week.

We had the quiche alongside another soup for lunch, cauliflower carrot onion soup, some fresh tomato and some turkey breast fillet fried in some spices.

I really liked the softness of the corn flour dough, I guess that is why i took photos of these...
20230402_132957.jpg
20230402_223241.jpg
20230402_141147.jpg

We took a taste test at a local Casual Urban Eatery, as it is called on Saturday, it was very good. She had chicken Schnitzel, sweet potato purree, asparagus, which she had 5 mm of, some green peas creamed, some mixed greens. I had a fritatta like dish with prawns and asparagus. The drinks were great, mint lemonade, she had elder lemonade.
20230401_132720.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom