What did you cook or eat today (April 2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will never forget the first time we were served individual nachos. DD was still a teen, she's 40+ now. We all looked at each other with WTH looks on our faces. Have to admit though that I liked the individual ones much better than the all mixed together gloppy ones, but those are the ones Craig likes best. It's my long subconscious (until somebody pointed it out to me) aversion to different foods touching each other kicking in I think.

They are definitely easier to eat separately. Plus, you don't end up with a buch of chips with too much stuff, and a lot with almost nothing.

I laughed because my mom likes her food items not touching. She also goes in a circle with bites of each item, and likes to finish all the items at the same time. :laugh:

Homemade pizzas

PXL_20230430_210941142.jpg

I will never forget the first time we were served individual nachos. DD was still a teen, she's 40+ now. We all looked at each other with WTH looks on our faces. Have to admit though that I liked the individual ones much better than the all mixed together gloppy ones, but those are the ones Craig likes best. It's my long subconscious (until somebody pointed it out to me) aversion to different foods touching each other kicking in I think.
I am so with you on that thing about the foods touching, LOL. I have ALWAY done individual layered nachos because of that and hate gloppy mess nachos, they always get so soggy!

My favorite is what I call "Happy Jack" nachos, which is a crisp tortilla chip wedge under a sliced (fresh) jalapeno, then a small dolop of sour cream, then sliced turkey, topped with white cheese (monterey jack or white sharp cheddar). Bake that until cheese is melted, then top with salsa and/or guacamole upon serving. YUM!

I am so with you on that thing about the foods touching, LOL. I have ALWAY done individual layered nachos because of that and hate gloppy mess nachos, they always get so soggy!

My favorite is what I call "Happy Jack" nachos, which is a crisp tortilla chip wedge under a sliced (fresh) jalapeno, then a small dolop of sour cream, then sliced turkey, topped with white cheese (monterey jack or white sharp cheddar). Bake that until cheese is melted, then top with salsa and/or guacamole upon serving. YUM!
Now I'm hungry . Drat.

Russ

I had breakfast for dinner last night. Good ole' TexMex breakfast tacos. Scrambled eggs with crumbled sausage and a TexMex grated cheese blend, on some really good flour tortillas that H-E-B makes in the store's bakery. Breakfast tacos are a very common breakfast item in Texas.

I should have taken a picture, but I was hungry and lazy. I have breakfast tacos on a regular basis, so I'll try to take a picture next time.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom