What did you cook or eat today (April 2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ham and Swiss cheese on a bolillo roll, no condiments, with butter on the outside of the roll then pressed in the panini press until golden brown and crispy. Simple goodness.

CD
Off to look up bolillo roll.

Russ
Ham and Swiss cheese on a bolillo roll, no condiments, with butter on the outside of the roll then pressed in the panini press until golden brown and crispy. Simple goodness.

CD

Ok . We have those but just known as dinner buns. We have them split and with garlic butter, sweet chilly and cheese last night. Pic was earlier. With my filthy camera phone. :)

Russ

Lot of Mexican food ends up in texas eh? I like it too.

Russ

Hispanics/Latinos are about 40% of the state's population. Texas used to be part of Mexico. A major category of food here is TexMex, which is what most people in the US think Mexican food is. In fact, TexMex is what much of the world thinks of when they think of Mexican food. Mexico and Texas share a long established food heritage.

8 Essential Tex-Mex Dishes

CD

Last edited:
Hispanics/Latinos are about 40% of the state's population. Texas used to be part of Mexico. A major category of food here is TexMex, which is what most people in the US think Mexican food is. In fact, TexMex is what much of the world thinks of when they think of Mexican food. Mexico and Texas share a long established food heritage.

8 Essential Tex-Mex Dishes

CD
Thanks, I'll try nachos tex mex way. On my bucket list is Cancun. One day??

Russ

Russ

Just be careful if you go to Cancun. It is a tourist trap.

As for Nachos, the right way to make them is one tortilla chip at a time, not a big pile of chips with a bunch of stuff dumped on top. No ground/minced meat, either. If you use meat, use pieces of grilled/BBQed steak or chicken on each nacho.

I need to make some nachos soon. I'll try to remember to take a picture before I eat them. :laugh:

CD

Paella!

IMG_9343.jpeg

IMG_9345.jpeg

Russ
I've been to Cancun 3x, it's nice. I like the island of Cozumel better, which is across the channel from Cancun. Been there 3x as well. The fishing, scuba diving, and snorkeling are fantastic there. Cabo San Lucas over on the Baja peninsula is nice, but the Pacific is not as swimmable as the Carribean. Love the clear water in the Carribbean!

A few photos from one trip to Cozumel:

20190131_105309.jpg

20190131_105255.jpg

20190130_174540.jpg

I'm surprised, given you are a long time 'veggan'. Its a fantastic and versatile root vegetable.
It's a weird one. We're not sure why but neither of us was exposed to it growing up and have never encountered it at a restaurant... but we both rather liked it, so if the supermarket actually has it in stock and he doesn't have to drive a long way out of his way to buy it, it will definitely feature again.

PS, currently fully vegan because the chooks are not laying except for 1 girl (of 17) laying an egg every 3 days. Guess winter is going to be egg less.

As for Nachos, the right way to make them is one tortilla chip at a time, not a big pile of chips with a bunch of stuff dumped on top. No ground/minced meat, either. If you use meat, use pieces of grilled/BBQed steak or chicken on each nacho.

I will never forget the first time we were served individual nachos. DD was still a teen, she's 40+ now. We all looked at each other with WTH looks on our faces. Have to admit though that I liked the individual ones much better than the all mixed together gloppy ones, but those are the ones Craig likes best. It's my long subconscious (until somebody pointed it out to me) aversion to different foods touching each other kicking in I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom