What did you cook or eat today (April 2024)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1712003450228.jpeg
Lunch at 5 Guys today was a bacon cheeseburger with mayonnaise, mustard, ketchup, pickles, grilled onion, and lettuce. It was yummy!

I had bought a HUGE bunch of mustard greens a few days ago. I had a little package of sausage (I mean really small, like 4 oz) I had gotten from the butcher's counter that I fried up in the wok with some garlic and olive oil awhile ago. I washed and pulled the greens off the stems then tore it up in pieces and stirred it into the cooked sausage until it was wilted and tender but still bright green. I love the spiciness of the mustard greens and it goes so well with pork! My southern grandmother used to make greens of all kinds (turnip, collards, etc.) but she would boil the crap out of them until they were olive drab in color and mushy. I wasn't fond of them. I do like them lightly cooked, though. These mustard greens were quite nice. Not a typical dinner at all but I didn't put much thought into it or I would have made some cornbread to go with them.

Also still amazed how a huge bunch of greens turns into just a few cups after being cooked, LOL.

Ok wife bought a bag of lamb rumps in a pack.. wtf? I asked what and why.??
I looked at the packaging $36 kg.. so lamb goes for $10 kg in my world.
She said something different?
Ok a bit of digging and a workmate put her onto them.
SO she put in a slow cooker. ( not me) after rubbing Moroccan spices on it.
Served with my leftover spuds and green beans.
I had 4 mouthfuls. I said it's good you tried but if you're asked I would have said a sauce with it would be ok.
I said I'll make a curry from the last 2.
I'll have a tin of beans when she goes upstairs

Russ

20240402_180237.jpg

Served with stuffed courgette (it grew too big!)

20240402_162238.jpg

It's stuffed with the extra filling from when I made cottage pie last week. I was short of mashed potato by 1 container.

Then we spotted some huge sweet chestnuts in the supermarket at the weekend. I already had the oven on, so roasted chestnuts was added to the meal.

20240402_174342.jpg

Then I grabbed a couple of huge dessert apples off the tree, and wrapped them in the remaining filo pastry (4 sheets), added 1 tsp maple syrup and a tiny punch of saffron).

20240402_174332.jpg
20240402_174335.jpg

Mine puffed up and then collapsed, but still tastes great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom