What did you cook or eat today (April 2024)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made some sugar-free nut butter cookies for my nephew's wife. They're a little crumbly due to using homemade nut butter but they taste good.
20240405_193028.jpg

Went out to an Italian place.

Zucchini blossoms stuffed with ricotta.

View attachment 111982View attachment 111983

Malfada pasta with housemade sausage, onions, mushrooms in a white wine sauce with a dollop of ricotta.
View attachment 111984
Gnocchi in pomodoro sauce with a piece of fried fresh mozzarella.
View attachment 111985

Double espressos to finish. I had a couple of glasses of pinot grigio and we shared a bottle of San Pellegrino.

I would love to wolf that down.. looks amazing .

Russ

Up to Wendy’s for my limited-time-only orange dreamsicle frosty. Along with that, I had a $5 Biggie Bag for my meal - kid-sized bacon cheeseburger, kid-sized fries, 4-piece chicken nuggets, and a drink.

Lunch out due to oversleeping (the new mattress seems to be working),

20240406_115837.jpg
20240406_115834.jpg

Evening meal by hubby.

20240406_180342.jpg
20240406_181456.jpg

Just the Saturday night usual, sweet potato fries, garden peas, 'home grown' egg and Fry's nuggets. Followed by some delicious strawberries. These are the odd jobs, apparently strawberries in Australia have to be huge and people don't want to delicious sweet small ones. More for us ex-pats!

Lunch out due to oversleeping (the new mattress seems to be working),

View attachment 111996View attachment 111997

Evening meal by hubby.

View attachment 111998View attachment 111999

Just the Saturday night usual, sweet potato fries, garden peas, 'home grown' egg and Fry's nuggets. Followed by some delicious strawberries. These are the odd jobs, apparently strawberries in Australia have to be huge and people don't want to delicious sweet small ones. More for us ex-pats!
Fantastic news on the mattress!

How much that set you back???

Russ

I'm guessing $5 plus about $2 for the dreamsicle?

Funny story, actually.

For reference, a $5 Biggie Bag contains a kiddie burger, kiddie fries, 4-piece nuggets, and a small drink.

Now, MrsT can’t order anything without substituting something. IMO, she’s a food service worker’s nightmare.

She ordered her own $5 bacon-cheeseburger Biggie Bag as, “I’d like the biggie bag with the bacon cheeseburger, but I don’t want the bacon or the cheese on it, and instead of the drink, I’d like a small dreamsicle frosty.”

That confused the girl taking the order, and she rang it up as a “4 for $4,” saying with all the substitutions, it would be cheaper for her.

No-fuss me just ordered “the bacon cheeseburger biggie bag and a small dreamsicle frosty.”

That confused the girl, too, as she thought I also wanted to substitute the frosty for the drink, which I didn’t, so when they handed us our food, there was no cup for the drink, and I asked for that, and she gave me the cup but rather snottily said I’d asked to substitute it, which I definitely did not.

Normally, I would have said, “No problem, I’ll just have water,” or “Please tell me the difference and I’ll pay it,” but she was so shitty about it, I just took the cup and thanked her.

But, to answer the original question - two biggie bags, one minus a drink and one with a drink, rung up erroneously, and two small frosties came out to just a couple of pennies over $9.

IMG_3816.JPG

Took my Mom for her bi-weekly Wash&Style or what I call her "beauti-fication Day" and I like to take her out to lunch after.
This is at a newly re-opened and re-modeled place, nit bad.
Mom ordered the Korean Style Pulled Pork Sandwich
IMG_3817.JPG

I went for the Lemon Pepper Pita - those Tots were out of this World yummy, that Pita, meh not so much.

Last edited:
I’ve been making these biscuits from regular potatoes and not the sweet ones.
I’ve boiled then crushed them, added sugar, butter, egg and cocoa.
They turned out very soft and very good!

View attachment 112011View attachment 112010
I made this Italian chocolate potato cake about 18 months ago and a blueberry one about 2 years ago. Both were excellent.

https://www.cookingbites.com/threads/potato-cake.24158/

https://www.cookingbites.com/threads/chocolate-potato-cake.25908/

I made a court bouillon plus some fresh fennel and thyme, and seafood soup base, poached some shell on shrimp, removed the shells, then shells back in the court bouillon for a while. Finely chopped some carrot and onions, with a bit of celery and fennel, then made risotto with the strained stock and the rice from storing the black truffles. Just enough truffles left for truffles butter.

Cookie dough brownies for dessert.

20240406_185052.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom