What did you cook or eat today (April 2024)?

Last of Tovala meals until a new delivery next week. Craig had andouille jambalaya. I had gnocchi with roasted mushrooms in a cream sauce, with a basil/herb sauce plus grated parm. Craig liked his. Mine was eh, needed more sauce and mushrooms. I made some garlic-cheese bread.

20240417_185650.jpg

Day 3 we decided to stay on in the Coolah Tops National Park

Lunch was at the old loggers hut.
20240416_121235.jpg

20240416_122910.jpg

Evening meal was back at the campground
20240416_082203.jpg

20240416_180615.jpg

Evening meal was a vegan casserole from a tin with added veg and rice. One of those looks yuck, tastes great dishes.

Day 4 lunch was cereal because we'd stayed on the the Coolah Tops National Park. It was a conscious decision because it was 50km of single track dirt roads back to the nearest anywhere and, well it's a long drive on rough dirt roads when 30kph is about all you can manage and we wanted to walk out to this rock formation.

So lunch was eaten here overlooking the basalt columns. This is the same rock formation as The Giant's Causeway in Northern Ireland.

20240417104212_IMG_3641.JPG

And was cereal and oat milk followed by Yorkshire parkin.
20240417_122437.jpg

Then we set off to get closer to our planned destination quite some drive from where we were.

Evening meal was in a cabin with a kitchen. The weather was bad and we needed to shower after 3 days or walking and camping without facilities.

20240417_180129.jpg

This was literally a 500g pack of mushrooms with garlic, a tin of tomatoes, served over rice with some honey soy tofu.

Day 4 lunch was cereal because we'd stayed on the the Coolah Tops National Park. It was a conscious decision because it was 50km of single track dirt roads back to the nearest anywhere and, well it's a long drive on rough dirt roads when 30kph is about all you can manage and we wanted to walk out to this rock formation.

So lunch was eaten here overlooking the basalt columns. This is the same rock formation as The Giant's Causeway in Northern Ireland.

View attachment 112393

And was cereal and oat milk followed by Yorkshire parkin.
View attachment 112390

Then we set off to get closer to our planned destination quite some drive from where we were.

Evening meal was in a cabin with a kitchen. The weather was bad and we needed to shower after 3 days or walking and camping without facilities.

View attachment 112392
This was literally a 500g pack of mushrooms with garlic, a tin of tomatoes, served over rice with some honey soy tofu.
Have not heard of that place or the tower?.??

Russ

Lunch today was Ham & Provolone Panini with Kettle Chips (Crisps) with added sliced Hot Cherry Peppers, DH was very happy ...
IMG_3851.JPG

Dinner was a Skillet Meal, that Kiolbassa I posted in my grocery haul, it's from Texas by the by, delicious!! Some Sweet White Onion, Baby Yellow Dutch Potatoes and Green Cabbage.

IMG_3853.JPG

DH: Cabbage again, we just had that acoupla days ago
Moi: Well, sorta yeah, we had Kalua Pig and Cabbage
DH: YUM! That's one of my favorite dishes
Moi: and you're suppose to be eating as much 'green stuff' as possible, soooooo
*cooking*
DH: WOW! That smells so good
Moi: here, taste
*nom nom nom nom*
DH: that's really good, why don't we have this more often
🙄
sigh ...