What did you cook or eat today (April 2024)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Free style Thai beef salad
IMG_20240423_195743_569.jpg

I forgot to mention yesterdays linner (late lunch/early dinner) - our local Asian restaurant had a grand opening yesterday for their Asian Buffet.
DH really wanted to go and check it out ... I thought that he was crazy! "Brand new braddah! We usually let them shake it out for a coupla months ..."
NOPE!
He wanted to go, "if we walk in and we look around, we don't like it, we leave, simple..."
OKAY
WOW!! I mean WOW!
Really good, nice selection of dishes, great service, everything was kept well stocked, drinks that were included kept flowing, loads of people but not overwhelmingly so.
I asked DH, "how many covers do you think they'll do?"
During our short linner (maybe 45 minutes, tops), I'd say they turned a good 10 tables.
By the time we left, there was a line, going out the door, to be seated
No pictures this time because it was crowded, I don't like to have "people" in my food photos.
My one disappointment was one dish was tagged "Char Siu or Chinese BBQ Pork Bao" - NOPE! It was custard inside, but good all the same. They had a Red Bean Bao as well, very good bun!
DH was a bit grumpy and so I asked him why ... "that's not what I expected. The Sushi is junk."
But look at everything else! "HERE! Let me get you a plate".
NOM NOM NOM
:D
He doesn't look around first to "scoop it out" at a buffet, but then, well, it's been a long time since anyone has offered Buffet ... ya know, since the World turned sideways on it's axis.
I told my Mother about it today and now she's all hot-to-trot to go there too :laugh:

I had bought some flatbread pizza crusts recently so I put tomato sauce, fresh herbs, mozzarella, cooked Italian sausage, mushrooms, and pepperoni on top for quick and easy pizzas. Tasted good!

Catch up for a few days.
438241758_7132316370228198_2848570329615132246_n.jpg

Sunday snacks: cheese croquette, fish burger, fries and a salad
438263121_7132316066894895_5703086679909142184_n.jpg

Pasta bake with tuna, mozzarella and mixed vegetables on monday
438223511_7132315783561590_261212031336497450_n.jpg

Today was pork fillet with sauteed mushrooms, garlic potatoes and mixed roasted vegetables. The vegetables were rutabaga, carrot, fennel, zucchini/courgette, cauliflower and radish.

I need to do potatoes fondant real soon!!

Russ
I enjoy making them. You can different herbs. I’ve used thyme and I’ve used rosemary. Fresh out of the garden it just is worth the little extra work. A little elegance to put on our paper plates and eat while we watch Wheel Of Fortune.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom