What did you cook or eat today (April 2024)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I baked Jeweled carrot cake for the challenge ( with ginger, carrots, dates, almonds & apricots ) and cream cheese frosting
Recipe - Jeweled carrot cake
20240425_115158.jpg

I also made Nasi goreng with a boiled egg and some peanut sauce
20240425_112250.jpg

Last edited:
1 1/2 kilos of pea pesto for the freezer - not sure I made enough of that 🤔 😂

View attachment 112752

View attachment 112753

Beef and pea pesto roll.
I did take a photo of it fully assembled but for some reason I left the roll upside down so that photo looks odd! 😂
We found freezing it in smaller quantities was more helpful to using it as and when needed. If we wanted 2 portions we got 2 containers out. If we wanted 4 portions, we got 4 out.

Very common in the UK. As a kid we always did that, even at university.

When I was a kid, everyone put plain potato chips/crisps on tuna salad sandwiches. Now I sometimes put salt & vinegar chips on a tuna sandwich. I also like Italian dressing on my tuna sandwich.

Salt and vinegar crisps on a banana sandwich :hungry:

We found freezing it in smaller quantities was more helpful to using it as and when needed. If we wanted 2 portions we got 2 containers out. If we wanted 4 portions, we got 4 out.
Most wise and something I also like to do!
This pea pesto is for one meal for 10 people and I’ve noticed with pea pesto especially if it’s not been had before they can’t get enough of it, so I went a bit overboard.

Might not be on my own in this one- for me there needs to be a bit left over or I feel like I didn’t make enough.
Anyone else suffer with that one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom