What did you cook or eat today (April 2024)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You might find this interesting:
How to make a chip buttie
And it should look like this. White bread, definitely NOT a bun, loads of butter, and thick cut chips. Tomato ketchup is optional, although it probably tastes better with salad cream.
1714102583497.png

You know, growing up I often put fries or chips in my burgers and sandwiches and I got mocked for it by other kids. I thought I invented that...it was good and I didn't understand why they thought it was odd.
It's a very Northern England meal. At my last work place, on my first Friday there I made myself a chip butty in the dining room. An old friend (to be) said he knew in that minute, he and I would get along famously. I had instantly said which side of the M4 corridor I lived. He was from Yorkshire, I grew up all over the place but West Coast, Northern England and Scotland.

Hubby grew up with pie-in-barm which it a pastry pie (pastry top and bottom) in a bap/roll. Now that is one I think of as weird.

Some of yesterday's work was picking up food for mystery shops. Hubby and I shared meals for our dinner last night and I still had some leftover after for another day's lunch.

20240425_142847.jpg
20240425_150838.jpg

Well except for the chicken sandwich. Those don't keep well for leftovers so that was lunch on the spot. It had mayonnaise, mustard, cucumber, pickles, and spinach on it.

20240425_173235.jpg

So normally I eat small portions of food at every meal, 1/2 to 2/3 of what my DH eats. But 2-3 times a month I do a mystery shop at a sub place and I get this sub with double meat and cheese for a late lunch and I eat the entire thing without going into a food coma. DH is gobsmacked.
20240426_161856.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom