What did you cook or eat today (August 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Homemade sauerkraut isn't inferior!
I was comparing home made Kupus Kiseli to the inferior shop bought jars of sauerkraut. For me the Balkans method produces a better taste and texture. It is more versatile because the end product is whole allowing you to wrap or shred.

Homemade sauerkraut isn't inferior!
I was comparing home made Kupus Kiseli to the inferior shop bought jars of sauerkraut.
For the record, I used kraut that I got from a small grocer's, made in-store, and something they're known for locally. Being that I live in an area full of Germans, it's pretty easy to find mom-and-pop shops and small-town butchers who make their own kraut.

So, in a sense, it's both store-bought and homemade. :laugh:

For the record, I used kraut that I got from a small grocer's, made in-store, and something they're known for locally. Being that I live in an area full of Germans, it's pretty easy to find mom-and-pop shops and small-town butchers who make their own kraut.

So, in a sense, it's both store-bought and homemade. :laugh:

I like sauerkraut, especially on a NYC dirty water dog. But, I would not consider myself a sauerkraut connoisseur. I've made it once, but I have to confess, I'm fine with the stuff in the jar. :shy:

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom