What did you cook or eat today (August 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Last treat of the weekend, we went back to the tea house and I got a lovely baked potato with cheddar and onion chutney plus an unpictured scone.

Breakfast tacos for breakfast. I scrambled up some eggs with diced cheddar, put them on flour tortillas, and topped them with my honey jalapeño salsa. I didn't take a picture, because I wanted to eat them hot -- scrambled eggs cool fast. They were quite tasty.

CD

Breakfast tacos for breakfast. I scrambled up some eggs with diced cheddar, put them on flour tortillas, and topped them with my honey jalapeño salsa. I didn't take a picture, because I wanted to eat them hot -- scrambled eggs cool fast. They were quite tasty.

CD

My wife managed to find some "soft" flour tortillas in the supermarket today. Other than quesadillas, I was thinking they could be a satisfactory substitute for chapatis.

Maybe?

Fried some onions, threw in a wrinkled tomato, some roast beef from the deli, some cheese, slapped a lid on it, waited five minutes, and called it a sandwich.

View attachment 68467

It was magnificent.
Tastyreubin sat staring at the plate for a full five minutes before accusingly pointing at the filled bread roll and shouting out " You're a sandwich".

My wife managed to find some "soft" flour tortillas in the supermarket today. Other than quesadillas, I was thinking they could be a satisfactory substitute for chapatis.

Maybe?

I had to look up chapatis. They look the same, but flour tortillas have lard or vegetable fat in them, while chapatis just have water flour and salt in them. You can try it. It may not be the same, but I'm pretty sure it would taste good.

Myself, I'd just make tacos, and quesadillas. I keep flour tortillas in my fridge at all times.

CD

I had to look up chapatis. They look the same, but flour tortillas have lard or vegetable fat in them, while chapatis just have water flour and salt in them. You can try it. It may not be the same, but I'm pretty sure it would taste good.

Myself, I'd just make tacos, and quesadillas. I keep flour tortillas in my fridge at all times.

CD

I'm making quesadillas later today. Just salsa and cheese.

Are you putting the salsa inside the quesadilla? I often make just cheese quesadillas, but I dip them in salsa after they are cooked. A simple cheese quesadilla dipped in salsa is a great snack.

CD

Yes. A layer of salsa then grated cheese (cheddar). I fry the "top" of the quesadilla first then take it out, put the "bottom" in the pan, then add the filling and put the "top" on. Then there is no need to turn it over and make a mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom