What did you cook or eat today (August 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to lunch with my neighbor/friend today. We went to Norma's Cafe, where I had my usual, Chicken Fried Steak. The sides were mashed potatoes, green beens and collard greens (they didn't have fried okra today).

I ate a couple bites before I remembered to take the picture... sorry.

IMG_1536.JPG

CD

I went to lunch with my neighbor/friend today. We went to Norma's Cafe, where I had my usual, Chicken Fried Steak. The sides were mashed potatoes, green beens and collard greens (they didn't have fried okra today).

I ate a couple bites before I remembered to take the picture... sorry.

View attachment 68546

CD
Chicken fried steak is right up there with things like pizza...meatloaf...chicken and dumplings, just straightforward food that makes you think all is right with the world in the time it takes to eat.

Last nights dinner Salad various ingredients including a minimalist egg mayo. :) pud was watermelon.ON the ways home from the beach the previous night a fire had started on the hills just before Primosten. Yesterday morning the fire crews were still there damping down with the aid of the two water bombing planes. The some of the firemen who had been there all night were sleeping next to there vehicles. They are heroes.
1628050123945.png
1628050137657.png
1628050166822.png
1628050183536.png
1628050204633.png
1628050220337.png

We went to Norma's Cafe, where I had my usual, Chicken Fried Steak.
Sounds like a nice meal out. What a good idea!
I was listening to a podcast, among other things, talk went around wagyu beef, which I the googled, and was surprised to learn about.
Apparently there are Us and Australian sorts but the original is Japanese and very expensive.
One of the restaurants mentioned was Pappas...steakhouse ? In Dallas, Tx as far as I gather, but possibly in other cities too...
Have you had that beef? If yes, how was it?

Sounds like a nice meal out. What a good idea!
I was listening to a podcast, among other things, talk went around wagyu beef, which I the googled, and was surprised to learn about.
Apparently there are Us and Australian sorts but the original is Japanese and very expensive.
One of the restaurants mentioned was Pappas...steakhouse ? In Dallas, Tx as far as I gather, but possibly in other cities too...
Have you had that beef? If yes, how was it?

Pappas is a chain of restaurants. I've not been to the steakhouse. It started in Houston with Pappasito's (Mexican), then Pappadaux's (Cajun seafood), Pappa Mia's (Italian) and then Pappa's Steakhouse. I have only been to the Mexican and Cajun seafood restaurants, and they are both very good. I've heard that the steakhouse is good, but there are better steakhouses closer to me (including the one in my house).

I have not cooked or eaten wagyu beef. There are ranches in Texas that raise the cattle, and it is not hard to find near me, but it is pricy.

CD

Today's meal was substituted for what might have been another honey recipe. I didn't have time for the recipe as I was out this morning and then, tracking a delivery which now looks like it is 'Out for Delivery' today.

So I did a quick refried bean and cheese pair of burritos.

full.jpg

This is one of those quickie type meals that I've done before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom