What did you cook or eat today (August 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not only have we lost the smoker, he also died without revealing his excellent pork rib marinade recipe. He was from Texas.

Those barrel type offset smokers (firebox off the side of the cooking chamber) are very popular in Texas. I've never had one, but am thinking about it.

I am a dry-rub guy, so I can't help you with a marinade.

CD

It's been a long long long time since I had dolmades. You make me miss them.

I seem to have a good time with people who run restaurants. We like the same thing, - food. I have good friends, a family, that runs a chain of Greek restaurants in my area and dolmades are on the menu. But with the pandemic and greater distance since my move, I haven't been to see them in quite some time. I would love a gyro sandwich.

Prior to my meeting and making ties with those folks, my favorite Greek restaurant included a belly dancer and Greek music as part of their ambience. Sadly, those folks went out of business long ago and their restaurant is now a Thai restaurant.

Chili & garlic prawns (drained and served with mayo on toast).
pra.jpg

Portuguese government imposed that on friday nighta and during the entire weekend, only people with vaccine or covid infection recovery certificates can eat inside restaurants. This is the 1st time I'm dining out on a Friday since I got my vaccine certificate. Conspiracy theorists are gonna say this dinner was paid by Bill Gates :laugh: I had prawn karahi and the boyfriend had chicken chilli
IMG_20210827_200224.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom