What did you cook or eat today (August 2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
YUM! That's my favorite cut of steak.

Ribeye and NY Strip are two of my favorites. This NYS was another of my "Manager's Special" purchases. That's meat that is a day away from the sell by date. It was around eleven bucks for USDA Prime.

That portion was half of the steak... 8OZ. I still have another half to eat. I'm thinking some steak tacos.

CD

HelloFresh recipe, salmon with lemon butter over a broccoli-tomato-olive mixture.
430D20B1-7A7D-4499-875D-047D7D840678.jpeg

HelloFresh recipe, salmon with lemon butter over a broccoli-tomato-olive mixture.

I've never tried any Hello Fresh meals. I'm thinking about trying a few to see if they would be good for my sister, who doesn't do much cooking, and most of that is microwave frozen meals. She's easily 80-plus pounds overweight. I need to find something she'll cook at home after a long day at work.

CD

I've never tried any Hello Fresh meals. I'm thinking about trying a few to see if they would be good for my sister, who doesn't do much cooking, and most of that is microwave frozen meals. She's easily 80-plus pounds overweight. I need to find something she'll cook at home after a long day at work.

CD
You could certainly give it a try, although HelloFresh meals do require you to actually cook. They’re generally pretty easy, but all the ingredients come together and you have to actually cook it yourself. What we like is the convenience- it makes menu planning really simple, since you basically just pick from a menu and the ingredients get delivered to your door.

Husband and I are also trying to lose some weight, and I do like the fact that these meals are portion-controlled. You have to watch the calorie counts, though, some meals are 1000+ calories. They have a selection of “smart” meals which tend to be more reasonable (500-800 cal/serving).

We're down to a couple portioned bags of the brisket Craig smoked a while back. Potato, fennel, onion gruyere gratin and green beans and carrots.

There's a peach crumble in the oven, but I'm stuffed so it may end up as breakfast. The peaches smelled divine as I passed them in the grocery a couple days ago and were actually ripe.

20230802_175736.jpg

CD
I found that when I was working a lot, meal prep on my days off solved the problem mostly. I'd make a big pot of pasta sauce, cut veggies for meals and salads, precooked proteins and rice portioned out for meals, etc. That way it was quick compilation and reheats with very little actual cooking on workdays. My feet hurt and I was tired, even though I was only slightly overweight.

Even with the kits being simplified, there is still going to be standing on feet for the minimal prepping, reading and following instructions, and some actual cooking. This might work for someone like you but likely not your sister I think. I'm sure the extra weight makes her feet hurt even more after a long day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom