What did you cook or eat today (December 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chicken pasta bake.

Not that it matters, but this was yesterday.

I know - its just that if I don't curtail the previous month's thread people keep adding to it. As yours was a new post I thought it better to post it in this thread or people wouldn't be able to react to it. Lots of people show dishes they cooked yesterday or even the day before.

I know - its just that if I don't curtail the previous month's thread people keep adding to it. As yours was a new post I thought it better to post it in this thread or people wouldn't be able to react to it. Lots of people show dishes they cooked yesterday or even the day before.
👍

I cooked an absolutely fantastic four course dinner last night, but that was November, so I guess nobody here will ever know what I made.

CD

Ok my December doesn't show here.
Dinner club was kojis a Japanese joint, we chose the $39 menu. You choose any 5 small dishes and when done, order another 5 of anything again. Non stop until you are full. We only went to 2 courses as we were full.
The one bad thing Is you tick what you want on a gloss list person by person.
Then they cook and deliver,
2 people in our group are now notorious ditherers. 8 of us took 1 minute each to choose. 2 women took 20 mins each. My patience was severely tried last night, my wife knew what was coming and stopped me saying anytime. I was livid to say the least.

Russ

Last edited:
Ok my December doesn't show here.
Dinner club was kojis a Japanese joint, we chose the $39 menu. You choose any 5 small dishes and when done order another 5of anything again. Non stop until you are full. We only went to 2 courses as we were full.
The one bad thing I'd you tick what you want on a gloss list person by person.
Then they cook and deliver
2 people in out group are now notorious ditherers. 8 of us took 1 minute each to choose. 2 women took 20 mins each. My patience was severely tried last night, my wife knew what was coming and stopped me saying anytime. I was livid to say the least.

Russ
You'd love dining with me. I rarely have a problem making a decision on what I want, and if I am torn between two dishes, I just ask the server which one they prefer. If they want a big fat tip, they better steer me in the right direction!

You'd love dining with me. I rarely have a problem making a decision on what I want, and if I am torn between two dishes, I just ask the server which one they prefer. If they want a big fat tip, they better steer me in the right direction!

I'd love to have a meal with you. I think it would be a funny night.
What made things worse was the women furtherest away from me when done handed the list back down the line. Then the ditherer mid table decided to change hers again. I hate, absolutely hate ditherers . My wife started giggling because she knew what was coming, lol

Russ

I had posted this last night in the November thread. I injected this bird with a mixture of butter, salt, and garlic powder, then rubbed the remainder on the skin. I used two entire bulbs of garlic that were cooked just enough to not squish when I inserted them under the skin of this turkey, and I used 4 large jalapeno peppers under the skin (sliced lengthwise) as well. The heat from the jalapeno juice that ran through the meat was just discernible, and the slow roasting allowed the garlic to turn into a paste. I cranked up the heat at the end just long enough to brown the skin. The turkey was super moist and tender. I stuffed the bird with stuffing mix containing chopped jalapeno, onion, and celery.

20211130_212752-jpg.jpg

Today I made a potato hash with jalapeno, onion, mushroom, and a little bit of stuffing and turkey chopped up and mixed in at the end, served with over easy fried eggs on top. I was too hungry to take photos!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom