What did you cook or eat today (December 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the time of year for homemade apple sauce

Recipe - Povitica - Poppy Seed Roll or Strudel

tastes fantastic. I could eat all of it before hubby gets home.... I've earnt it, honest. I made it, baked it, cleaned all the cupboards down and then got the carpet cleaner out to do the vynal flooring which hubby hasn't do since I went into hospital 7½ weeks ago. I did try the mop but it only really had any affect on the bathroom & hall that hadn't seen much in the way of dirty boots. I tried the sitting room, hall and kitchen/diner but they needed much more help. two goes so far with the carpet cleaner (hard floor attachment) and the water is still filthy. Surely I deserve another piece?

Last edited:
Recipe - Povitica - Poppy Seed Roll or Strudel

tastes fantastic. I could eat all of it before hubby gets home.... I've earnt it, honest. I made it, baked it, cleaned all the cupboards down and then got the carpet cleaner out to do the vynal flooring which hubby hasn't do since I went into hospital 7½ weeks ago. I did try the mop but it only really had any affect on the bathroom & hall that hadn't seen much in the way of dirty boots. I tried the sitting room, hall and kitchen/diner but they needed much more help. two goes so far with the carpet cleaner (hard floor attachment) and the water is still filthy. Surely I deserve another piece?

Wow!

Had a couple of ripe nanas so did some banana bread, then made a chicken curry. No pics as both were a little photographically challenged. :D
Not helped by the fact that I was cooking a half recipe and I didn't practice mis en place meaning I accidentally mixed amounts of ingredients.
However both tasted nice.

Some traditional Saint Nicolas treats because tomorrow is Sinterklaas day.
Sinterklaas - Wikipedia

Sugar animals, each type has a different flavor. Not pictured are the chocolate and strawberry ones because I dropped the bag, crushing them. You see the orange & lemon ones here.

And a chocolate letter as it is tradition to give each family member the initial of their first name in chocolate. My husband got his in white chocolate, which he prefers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom