What did you cook or eat today (December 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We discovered a new char siu noodle stall today, or one that has relocated. There was plenty of noodles and pork but it was a little light on the grass. Still very good though for ฿35.00* (standard) and ฿40.00* (special). This was special.

[* exchange rate today: ฿44.80 = £1.00]

Recipe - Marzipan & cherry flapjacks with holiday spices

Mince and potato pie, with a suet lid.

Question - I cooked a meat and potato pie a few months ago the same as my dear old Mum used to make. No pastry sides or base, just a lid. A heathen from the south west of England told me it couldn't be called a pie unless it had sides and a base. Is it only folks from the north who refer to this as a pie?

Question - I cooked a meat and potato pie a few months ago the same as my dear old Mum used to make. No pastry sides or base, just a lid. A heathen from the south west of England told me it couldn't be called a pie unless it had sides and a base. Is it only folks from the north who refer to this as a pie?

A meat "pot pie" in the US can have a full crust and lid, or just a lid.

CD

I'm a pastry all round guy.

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom