What did you cook or eat today (December 2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My uncle (dad's little brother), aunt and cousin (their daughter) came to the house for lunch. We had Rudy's BBQ. It is a chain BBQ restaurant, but as chains go, Rudy's is easily the best. Their brisket is pretty good. The Sides are just okay -- including a rather boring potato salad.

I am going to make a brisket sandwich for dinner. My sister went out for... wait for it... TexMex, again.

Tomorrow, we are going out for fried seafood at a really good restaurant. I'll probably have fried catfish and fries/chips. https://www.samseafoodandsteak.com/menu

She is going out for TexMex again on Sunday night. I will not be with her. I plan to get my favorite cheese and onion enchiladas at Cadillac Grill at Houston Intercontinental Airport on Monday, so no TexMex for me until then. :hungry:

PXL_20231208_231416247.jpg
PXL_20231208_231859318.jpg

I'm right at the same weight, and I'm only an inch taller, so I need to get back to my "grazing" lifestyle.

CD
It’s been the quadruple whammy of that cruise, Thanksgiving, a week with MrsT gone, and the typical holiday noshing (chocolates, toffe-coated spicy nuts, cookies) that’s doing me in…and I stopped walking once we got back from the cruise.

I’ve already started back walking again, but we have so much candy and cookies and cheese in the house, it’s madness.

I had a quarter of a head of Green Cabbage that we needed to use or lose ...
What to do what to do?

IMG_3434.JPG

A smoked Sausage aka Kielbasa, sliced on the thick-ish side, Sweet White Onions, Garlic, said Cabbage, par-baked Russets-diced with skin on, a dash of Smoked Paprika and probably 3-4 tablespoons of Bacon Grease - which I always have on hand :D
DH kept picking at the Sausage as I prepped the meal, saying how good it was - and then we sat down at the table - "I can't taste a thing!" :o_o:
Some days every thing tastes sour to him, sometimes he tastes nothing - dunno what's up with him!!!
Oh well, there's plenty of leftovers for the deep freezer and to share with my Mom.

It’s been the quadruple whammy of that cruise, Thanksgiving, a week with MrsT gone, and the typical holiday noshing (chocolates, toffe-coated spicy nuts, cookies) that’s doing me in…and I stopped walking once we got back from the cruise.

I’ve already started back walking again, but we have so much candy and cookies and cheese in the house, it’s madness.

My problem is too much time lately staying at my sister's house -- and I'll be back again for Christmas. I have been good about telling her she can go out for dinner every night, if that's what she wants to do, but I'm not going with her.

CD

Eli is 8 yesterday so his birthday meal tomorrow is a mixture. I make ANYTHING they want.others have options.
Entree ribs my way. Or croquettes
Main murican hot dogs or smoked chicken fettuccine.
Dessert pancakes.
I'm cooking atm. Pasta sauce made . Ribs precooked.
26 deg c here so air con is on.
Cruisy day tomorrow.

Russ

Due to the delights of coeliacs disease I have made it down to the kitchen only once today for water, I have eaten 6 packets of crisps and a 1/3 of a Terrys dark chocolate orange.

There is soup down there, I maybe be brave and try and tackle the microwave cos right now even the dive bar food looks good 😆

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom