What did you cook or eat today (February 2024)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Snack while I’m making scones:

IMG_7521.jpeg

There you go - there's no way on earth I could possibly eat lunch at 12m. I've barely had time to digest breakfast!
we sometimes have "lunch" at 3-4 pm, and it's quite common to have "dinner" at 9 or 10pm.
That's how we eat. Sometimes breakfast isn't even until 2 pm, then we have cheese and crackers or something light around 6, dinner 9-10.

That's how we eat. Sometimes breakfast isn't even until 2 pm, then we have cheese and crackers or something light around 6, dinner 9-10.

I guess it is habits. I grew up in a working class area. Most worked 8 til 4.30 or 5pm.
Pub closing was 6pm. It was called the 6o clock swill. So most parents (dads) would be home by 6.20. Tea was expected on the table then.
Before mum went out working we always ate around 5 to 5.30 p.m..
My grandparents and great grandparents were also same as us.
I couldn't go to bed with a full stomach.

Russ

I guess it is habits. I grew up in a working class area. Most worked 8 til 4.30 or 5pm.
Pub closing was 6pm. It was called the 6o clock swill. So most parents (dads) would be home by 6.20. Tea was expected on the table then.

Russ
I understand. Growing up we ate around 6. When I moved out on my own I ate whenever I felt like it for a number of years. When I met DH who had 4 young kids, it was back to 6 again, and for awhile after they grew up and moved out. Now that we're both mostly retired we've slowly gotten later and later for dinner, at least at home. Tonight we went to our nephew's and started eating around 5:30 and finished around 9:30, lol!

Russ
Same here. Evening meal was always 6:05pm at my grandparents home. 5 minutes after the start of the six o'clock news so my grandfather could get the headlines.

Hubby's family was the same, working class. His mum served on the dot of 6pm and if you weren't at the table you didn't get fed unless they're was a very good reason. And with 4 sons, food disappeared fast.

Breakfast is always early. Currently it's 6:30am which means lunch is 12pm. If I leave it till 1pm my blood sugars drop too low. Oddly I've always struggled to eat breakfast after 7am. It would leave me feeling sick.

I have worked hours such that breakfast was at 4:30am and I used to eat lunch at 11am. Evening meal was 7pm if I was lucky, but those days were long commutes, in excess of 2hrs each way. Did that for 6 months and only saw daylight at the weekends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom