What did you cook or eat today (February 2024)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those breakfast bars look good! Do you mind sharing the recipe?!
No probs, they are a very simple affair - Nigella’s breakfast bars.
We have someone in the house with nut allergies so I use pine nuts (which are a seed) instead.
We like them because in-spite of the sweetened condensed milk they’re not too sweet and beat the shop bought versions hands down.

Breakfast Bars

Yep. We buy them from the supermarket. Hot dogs are a big deal here. I was just reading about a guy who's had a hotdog stand in the city for tha past 35 years. He's open 24 hours a day. Makes about $6-7,000 per month selling dogs at $1 a piece!
Before I never understood why people like hotdogs so much. Generally squelchy reformed meat in pappy piped bread. Then I made a chilli dog with the Unearthed Bravarian Frankfurters and oh my that I can get on board with.
Made a right mess but it was worth it. The quality of the dog obviously makes a big difference, thats the first time I’ve found ones I like!
Damn I fancy one now 😂

Before I never understood why people like hotdogs so much. Generally squelchy reformed meat in pappy piped bread. Then I made a chilli dog with the Unearthed Bravarian Frankfurters and oh my that I can get on board with.
Made a right mess but it was worth it. The quality of the dog obviously makes a big difference, thats the first time I’ve found ones I like!
Damn I fancy one now 😂
When you make your American odyssey, you’ll have to be sure and get a Chicago dog:
1707937978971.jpeg

The Kitchn

As noted in the thread I started, we got a Tovala oven. We had our first meals tonight. Craig had a carne asada bowl with rice, condiments of salsa, sour cream, guacamole, shredded cheddar and corn nuts, all included. Mine was ricotta stuffed shells with bechamel and a pork ragu. The shells weren't anything special, but were good. The pork ragu was delish. It was a little too much for me so Craig got about 1/4 of mine. I think he wished he had mine instead of his.

20240214_193338.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom