What did you cook or eat today, (January 2019)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
deep fried pickles

20190111_164545.jpg

Really?? Are they pickles aka gerkins as we call them. Served with??

I'm growing pickles ATM. I preserve in white vinegar and spices. Never thought of cooking them, pray tell me more??

Russ

In the US South, it's usually dill or bread and butter pickles, and they are usually sliced, not fried whole.

Really?? Are they pickles aka gerkins as we call them. Served with??

I'm growing pickles ATM. I preserve in white vinegar and spices. Never thought of cooking them, pray tell me more??

Russ

I've never come across them either - looks like they are deep-fried in batter and served with mayo.

Yes, they ate battered and deep fried. It is probably some kind of flavored mayo or aioli. I doubt it's plain mayo.

Yes, they ate battered and deep fried. It is probably some kind of flavored mayo or aioli. I doubt it's plain mayo.

I suppose you need to dry the pickles off quite thoroughly before dipping in batter. I recently tried to deep fry some anchovy which had been preserved in a vinegar mixture. The batter just slid off when I fried them!

I suppose you need to dry the pickles off quite thoroughly before dipping in batter. I recently tried to deep fry some anchovy which had been preserved in a vinegar mixture. The batter just slid off when I fried them!

Yes. I'm not fond of them. Thought I would like them, but they are just not to my taste.

At work so had leftovers micro waved. There was quite a lot of the sauce from the chicken in wine I did earlier this week so had that with a microwave rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom