What did you cook/eat today (January 2020)?

For the past few years I've always cooked soft boiled (duck) eggs viz:

Room temperature eggs in a saucepan with room temperature water just covering. Bring to a boil and vigorously boil for 1 minute. Turn off the heat, cover the saucepan and leave for exactly 2½ minutes. Drain the water and replace with cold water to stop the cooking process.

I virtually always end up with these......

I'll have to try that as well, though I'm fairly certain I've tried something like that in the past. There are about 1,849,426,201 ways to get the "perfect" soft-boiled egg, and I think I've tried half of them, and have gotten it right about half the time. :)

Room temperature eggs in a saucepan with room temperature water just covering. Bring to a boil and vigorously boil for 1 minute. Turn off the heat, cover the saucepan and leave for exactly 2½ minutes. Drain the water and replace with cold water to stop the cooking process.

Note to self for when I buy duck eggs, I really have to try them.

Russ

We had some goose foie gras for lunch, with onion chutney and pears to celebrate that I survived this recent health crisis 🥂

Not pictured is the crisp bread with it.

I should be posting chicken parm tonight, but I got a wild hair and picked up tacos on the way home from shopping, so we had a big lunch late in the afternoon (for us).

So tonight, I'm just getting a head start in having parm tomorrow. I'm making the sauce, and I'm steaming some broccoli that'll get tossed in some garlic oil. Tomorrow, I'll just have to do the pasta and fry the chicken breasts.

Yorky my daughter just walked in the house after visiting s friend of hers, and said, dad have you tried duck eggs? I laughed and dug your pic out. Daughter has 4 duck eggs. Her friend gave them to her. I will experiment later. It's spooky how I just said yesterday I need to try this.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom